Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Ed30 Fails MOT on Emissions  (Read 20370 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Revo Ed30 Fails MOT on Emissions
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2010, 10:25:17 am »
I had my car pass it's mot and I'm REVO stage 2+

I got it done at the Skoda dealer though. I have EVOMS & Miltek TBE.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:53 am »
How old is the cat??

As the others have said above take the car for a bit of a thrashing first keep the revs above 4k for a while this should get the cat up to temp. When you took if for the test did they test the car straight away or did they leave the car outside for a while first? If they left the car for a while the engine and exhaust would of cooled down anyway. Not sure how taking the car for a thrash would bring the emissions down though :confused:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:58:06 am by B3n »

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2010, 11:27:27 am »
Im maybe talking complete Pi55 here, but from my understanding you are running lean, i was wondering if this could be to do with the fact that you are running stage 1 software with stage 2 hardware and the revo settings have not been alterd to suit the fact you are stuffing more air in to the engine. With the car being revd in to the mid range for the mot this would give the exact rev range in which the oem fuel pump cant deliver the requested fuel resulting in fuel cuts and the car running lean
so maybe getting the settings backed down could be an option or the fitment of a HPFP would richen the Air fuel ratio in the mid range.

Just my 2P, i was told not to fit my ITG intake until my fuel pump was fitted for this exact reason, (im with GIAC though NoN adjustable)

It has been shown that the pump cant even keep up with stage 1 maps correctly, never mind with the addition of an intake and zorst.
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 11:41:33 am »
^^^^^ you have a point doesnt REVO recomend F9 with a standard pump?

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 11:52:23 am »
^^^^
Yea i seen a very informative post on here about HPFPs and even the OEM pump on F9 cant match the fuel required for a stage 1 car with no hardware so this is going to be a lot worse with the hardware, TBH there were even times it couldnt keep up with the standard map in the mid range !

I think an HPFP and intercooler are a must on any mapped 2.0T Vag engine from the info ive recieved, keeping temperatures down is always a good idea.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 01:22:03 pm »
^^^^
Hmm.. I have the stock oem fuel pump and have ran on Revo1 long term and also Revo2 for some time (nearly 2 years IIRC) plus a Forge Twintake more recently. JKM's meticulous dyno testing and logging show absolutely no need to change from the oem pump on my car and I have never experienced any fuel cuts or similar.

Revo and ITG jumped into bed with each other and I can't comment on the HPFP in that context other than they recommend a pump upgrade.

I've forgotten what F setting on Revo2 I'm currently running but it's as JKM recommend for my individual car. And that's the point: Surely generic F/T/B settings can only be tweaked according to the individual car and its modifications. The beauty of Revo is that you can fine tune accordingly.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:23:57 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 02:04:02 pm »
^^^ Thats the benifit of revo custom tuning mate, unfortunatly ive not got that option with GIAC. I think he is running stage 1 software though with stage 2 hardware, so i was just saying that its maybe possible that his settings have possibly not been tweaked for his mods yet, therfore running lean

i still think an HPFP is best to be added, as one of the s3 owners on here posted up logs and there were points on the stage 1 map with no hardware added where the pump was underfueling, which ultimately will result in higher temperatures, they still might be within the safety parameters but not ideal, Fair enough in adding the HPFP you might end up with higher cam follower ware and the worry of runing an untested pump which could leak fuel, thats why i will check the follower every service and Use the APR pump for extra piece of mind, if you are sneaky you can talk Awesome GTI down to £700, plus i think the money will be made back in resale values anyway, saying that you very rarely hear any problems with the Autotech !

Offline Rob GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 02:20:41 pm »
My settings were orginally for just plain old stage one, when I added my TBE and intake I asked about changing settings and told it wasn't neccessary. I asked about stage 2 and was told I would get fuel cuts unless the setting were turned down a bit.

I have ordered a APR HPFP but this was before this issue. Obviously when this gets fitted I will have the emissions issue looked into and solved at the same time, hopefully.
GTI Edition 30 No. 907, 3 door, Black. (Now Sold)

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 03:58:32 pm »

Yes they do.  :smiley:

@RR, your fuel setting is F8...   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:56 pm »

Yes they do.  :smiley:

@RR, your fuel setting is F8...   :smiley:

....So I guess my Revo2 F setting was turned down one notch to accommodate oem pump with Twintake addition. APR pump, though expensive, is the way I would go but I don't intend to mod to Revo2+ for lots of reasons. I'd rather do an intercooler than a pump, unless the HPFP is really needed.

Mine is a good example of how having Revo fine tunable settings has saved me hundreds of pounds by my not needing a HPFP.

How the heck do you know my settings!? :surprised: :scared: :grin: Perhaps I posted them somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:18:45 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 07:30:04 pm »

....So I guess my Revo2 F setting was turned down one notch to accommodate oem pump with Twintake

Yup, one notch lower increases the fueling.

How the heck do you know my settings!? :surprised: :scared: :grin:

Don't get paranoid RR but do keep an eye in your rear view mirror...   :laugh:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 09:14:52 pm »
custom code stage 1 dont need no hpfp , its PERFECT inevery way without it  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:44 pm »
custom code stage 1 dont need no hpfp , its PERFECT inevery way without it  :happy2:

im going to have to agree  the remap shouldnt ask for fueling that the car cannot meet.  my stage 1 appears to be matching my requested rail pressure with no issues

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 09:37:44 pm »
Check out this, everyones map might be with in safe parameters but i believe everyone with a mapped car will suffer from this if they dont have an HPFP i cant see how it wouldnt as the 2.0t engines are massivly beefed up in the midrange through any map i believe

If you disagree please explain so i can understand it more,  :happy2:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14350.msg211639.html#msg211639
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:45:08 pm by gobbleplease »

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2010, 09:45:43 pm »
Check out this, everyones map might be with in safe parameters but i believe everyone with a mapped car will suffer from this if they dont have an HPFP

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14350.msg211639.html#msg211639

That's really only applicable to k04 cars...   :smiley: