Make a donation

Author Topic: Been Reversed into!  (Read 8340 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Been Reversed into!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 10:03:34 pm »

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 10:04:25 pm »
The pics of your car, looks like a 1 series Beemer.

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 11:28:27 pm »

From one of the shots, it does look like that. It's his Leon.

sorry to sound negative pal but if you can get oem paint matched panels its the way to go , i dont know a painter in the country that will paint new and you cant see the dfference under artificial light ! hope this dont make things worse just advising you from my experience  :happy2:

x2 I've heard red is difficult to match. Martins Basingstoke managed to do a dead-on match for my Laser Blue, you can't tell the difference, so your mileage may vary I guess.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 12:01:56 am »

From one of the shots, it does look like that. It's his Leon.

sorry to sound negative pal but if you can get oem paint matched panels its the way to go , i dont know a painter in the country that will paint new and you cant see the dfference under artificial light ! hope this dont make things worse just advising you from my experience  :happy2:

x2 I've heard red is difficult to match. Martins Basingstoke managed to do a dead-on match for my Laser Blue, you can't tell the difference, so your mileage may vary I guess.

I've had two red cars, including my golf resprayed due to damage and the colour match is pretty much perfect. I'm fussy about these things and I genuinely can't tell the difference under any light.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 12:22:03 am »
So sorry to hear this, Mike - Absolute bummer! Very irritating.

Hope it can be sorted quickly so you can move on.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 11:28:00 am »

Update....

Car is being assesed at the garage today.  Driving round in a Fiesta Titanium  :sad1:  Super super quiet, could blow the clutch pedal to the floor, everything is mega assisted, light and fluffy. 

On the plus side it cost less than £25 to get back to camp, normally £35 in the Cupra lol

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 11:53:30 am »
Make sure it is done properly under insurance. That way, you can refuse to accept it until it is perfect. I have seen some excellent and some downright shoddy jobs under insurance, but you CAN refuse to accept it if the job isn't done right.

I got hit by a bus a few years back in a similar spot and the claim was going on so long, I just bought a new wing and tyre, repaired the bumper and did the spraying myself. It looked perfect but after a few months the new tyre was wearing badly. I got it all checked out and the track controlarm was totally bent and needed replacing. It's the hidden damage that's the costly stuff! If it's done by the insurer, you always have come back... which I didn't  :sad1:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 12:13:17 pm »

Driving round in a Fiesta Titanium  :sad1:  Super super quiet, could blow the clutch pedal to the floor, everything is mega assisted, light and fluffy. 

....Light and fluffy as in chocolate mousse lite, being extremely light on taste! Give me the rich dark chocolate naughtiness every time! It's worth paying the extra in fuel.

Our modded cars spoil us for average factory cars.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 12:43:16 pm »
Make sure it is done properly under insurance. That way, you can refuse to accept it until it is perfect. I have seen some excellent and some downright shoddy jobs under insurance, but you CAN refuse to accept it if the job isn't done right.

I got hit by a bus a few years back in a similar spot and the claim was going on so long, I just bought a new wing and tyre, repaired the bumper and did the spraying myself. It looked perfect but after a few months the new tyre was wearing badly. I got it all checked out and the track controlarm was totally bent and needed replacing. It's the hidden damage that's the costly stuff! If it's done by the insurer, you always have come back... which I didn't  :sad1:

Im fairly confident it will be okay. The garage knew the insurance engineer that looked at the car today and said whatever it needs just let him know and he should be able to authorise it.  Having the geometry checked as id had it done an hour before the accident and it doesnt feel right now.  I think shes reversed into my wheel aswell as wing.

The bent wing caught the R888 a few times over bumps / dips etc so if there's any damage to the tyre I think I should ask for a pair of tyres, its going to be looked at anyway.

Relieved its getting sorted

Driving round in a Fiesta Titanium  :sad1:  Super super quiet, could blow the clutch pedal to the floor, everything is mega assisted, light and fluffy. 

....Light and fluffy as in chocolate mousse lite, being extremely light on taste! Give me the rich dark chocolate naughtiness every time! It's worth paying the extra in fuel.

Our modded cars spoil us for average factory cars.

Typical RR lol  :signLOL:  The Cupra's going to shake me to pieces & deafen me when I get back in it lol

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 01:09:25 pm »

Typical RR lol  :signLOL:  The Cupra's going to shake me to pieces & deafen me when I get back in it lol

....And you'll be able to fall in love with your Cupra all over again! :evilgrin:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 01:11:25 pm »

....And you'll be able to fall in love with your Cupra all over again! :evilgrin:

Cant wait  :pomppomp:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 01:58:24 pm »

True, I haven't drove the S3 for 3 weeks now, it's made me realise what a fantastic car it is! I cannot wait to get her back!  :party: :love:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 02:10:38 pm »

One thing having the Fiesta has done for me is made me realise the benefit of built in bluetooth so I now see a retrofit comming on  :party:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 03:13:49 pm »

One thing having the Fiesta has done for me is made me realise the benefit of built in bluetooth so I now see a retrofit comming on  :party:

Just done the Skoda one mike, so fully integrated and it is a great unit, do you have a RNS or high line to control a BT unit?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »

Just done the Skoda one mike, so fully integrated and it is a great unit, do you have a RNS or high line to control a BT unit?

If the highline is the clocks, Id get the seat version.  It is a clock cluster with bigger display and more options.  Think id need different  mfsw controls too?