Make a donation

Author Topic: Sky box problems  (Read 5227 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Sky box problems
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 06:21:00 pm »
its all working now after doing the unplug power and hold left and right arrows down and plugging back in to reboot and wipe all my saved stuff  :fighting:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Saint Steve

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 06:28:37 pm »
It will keep doing it, unless the cables and dish are checked matt.

Standby issues are commonly caused by those 2 issues and cause multiple complaints and call outs. Quick fix is box changes but that doesnt cure the problem. Trust me.

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 07:25:55 pm »
I'm having similar problems with my Sky+ HD box aswell. Keeps losing signal and not recording programs (other 2 boxes in the house are fine (another HD one and a normal Sky+ one, all through the same dish)

Can't get a new box becasue I don't run it through a HDMI lead, it goes through Component Video leads and apparently they don't make Sky+ HD boxes with the Component Video connections anymore :fighting: :fighting:

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Saint Steve

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 07:29:32 pm »
^^^ that is true. Cost cutting excersize. Not enough demand for component connection as its rather dated and doesnt give best Hd Quality.Thats why sky dropped it, along with 2nd scart connection in latest Gen box.

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 07:33:33 pm »
Yeah it's rather annoying, kind of leaves us stuck as I can't run it through a HDMI cable.

P.S Steve, don't suppose you work for Sky do you?!

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Saint Steve

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 09:12:48 pm »
I do fella  :smiley:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 09:15:05 pm »
I see, don't want to take this of topic for Matt but I don't suppose you know of anywhere to get a Sky+ HD box with the Component Video connections do you?!

Sky aren't hiding any by chance that are gathering dust are they :grin:?!

Matt

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 09:23:46 pm »
I see, don't want to take this of topic for Matt but I don't suppose you know of anywhere to get a Sky+ HD box with the Component Video connections do you?!

Matt

Funny that. I very nearly upgraded to Sky HD about 18 months ago but as my Plasma at the time only had component connections I specified a component HD box.
Needless to say it didn't turn up and I ended up binning Sky altogether.

You may find one on Ebay but they are getting on a bit now. :sad1:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:46 pm »

Matt

Funny that. I very nearly upgraded to Sky HD about 18 months ago but as my Plasma at the time only had component connections I specified a component HD box.
Needless to say it didn't turn up and I ended up binning Sky altogether.

You may find one on Ebay but they are getting on a bit now. :sad1:

Doh, that's not good news. We've just moved into a house we've built (took 7 years to do) and back when the house was wired, Component Video cables seemed a pretty 'in thing'. Now they are wired into the walls and plastered over, i'm kind of stuck with them as my Sky box is nowhere near my TV :sad1:

Matt
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:36:37 pm by MattPoss »

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 10:38:32 pm »
Just had a bit of a thought, don't suppose theres anything I can get to plug my Component Video cables into to convert them to go into a HDMI socket is there (like a CV to HDMI adapter)?!?!

Matt

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 11:18:47 pm »
These people might be able to help. http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/index.php

The problem with component is that it is still analogue and as such can't be copy protected.

Sorry mate. Can you use the component cables to pull HDNI cables through? Or use CAT5.

Saint Steve

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 06:57:34 am »
or buy the New Panasonic screen which is wireless HDMI  :wink:.

£5000 of small change though :sad1:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 09:32:08 pm »
These people might be able to help. http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/index.php

The problem with component is that it is still analogue and as such can't be copy protected.

Sorry mate. Can you use the component cables to pull HDNI cables through? Or use CAT5.

Thanks for that Hedge, i'll take a look  at them.

I cant really pull the cables through as they are plastered into the wall and as far I can can remember the chase we cut for them in the block wall wouldn't be deep enough. Plus they go up, along them down the wall.

Looks as though i'm going to have to make a shelf and mount it directly under my TV (TV is fixed to the wall) and get a new Sky+ HD box, sit it on the shelf and run it through a HDMI cable directly into the TV. Not ideal but neither is non of my programmes recording due to loss of signal :sad1:

Thanks for the help folks :happy2:

Matt

Saint Steve

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 09:37:01 pm »
Np