Make a donation

Author Topic: what do u think of this remap??  (Read 20780 times)

kierongti

what do u think of this remap??
« on: June 06, 2010, 03:52:57 pm »
hi all,

there is a company near me called vag tune...... they offer a remap at the cost of £300 plus vat... they say they take stock information from YOUR ecu and build a map from it, therefore being individual for your car... they say its a gain of about 55bhp and you can also decide how you want to receive the power delivery from the right pedal...eg all in low revs, all at top end or proggresively throughout the rev range. is this common knowledge? i thought the likes of revo and bluefin etc took info from 1 car , eg golf mk5 gti and built a map and put that map on every mk5 gti that comes through the door, therefore not getting the best from each individual ecu?  :confused:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: what do u think of this remap??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:55:46 pm »
You have two different types mate. The Generic map is what the likes of Revo, BF, GIAC etc use. Or you can have a custom map which is built more around your car.

kierongti

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:08:41 pm »
ok i see.... the one i am looking into has no 'brand name' but has 12 months warrenty with it and can be reverted to stock anytime by the installer free of charge....

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:17:12 pm »
ok i see.... the one i am looking into has no 'brand name' but has 12 months warrenty with it and can be reverted to stock anytime by the installer free of charge....

Totally your decision mate and is probably cracking software. But I would only use reputable on any of my cars, as for the sake of a couple of hundered sheets it's not worth the risk IMO..
I've used Revo on both my last 2 cars and done over 150,000 between them with not a single issue. Hence the reason i shall stick with them again and again (so long as I stay with VAG anyway).

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:20:05 pm »
i only buy something that i have read alot of positive things about, or have personally tried. 

Its alright buying something cheap but if it makes a 15k car run like crap or worse damages it.  that said it might well be a great product, but im like Vtec abuser. i only buy what i know :happy2:

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 06:13:24 pm »
custom code has 40% off at the mo , the best and the cheapest , no brainer for me  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 07:04:59 pm »
custom code has 40% off at the mo , the best and the cheapest , no brainer for me  :happy2:

:indifferent:  :sick:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 07:07:23 pm »
they are another one of th companies ive heard to many bad things about.  so irrelevant of a me trying one and liking it, i would not be buying one from them.

id reccommend shark performance from personal experience and alot positive reviews from forums

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »

you guys wind up far too easy , chill out boys  :laugh:

Saint Steve

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 10:03:53 pm »
:pomppomp: :pomppomp:

:popcornsoda:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 11:13:31 pm »

Who's wound up?  :confused:

At the end of the day if I crimp one off and roll it in glitter it might be shiny but its still a turd. Take 40% away from that and lo and behold it hasn't changed it is still a turd.

There you go. Custom Code in a nutshell.  :laugh:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 11:17:18 pm »

At the end of the day if I crimp one off and roll it in glitter it might be shiny but its still a turd. Take 40% away from that and lo and behold it hasn't changed it is still a turd.

that my friend, was brilliant!!!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 11:21:11 pm »
Why is it still a turd though,  If you by a Mk5 golf and put a 3.2 engine in, it stops being a golf and becomes a boat.  :grin:

I will get me coat. Only joking big fella.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 11:24:28 pm »
Why is it still a turd though,  If you by a Mk5 golf and put a 3.2 engine in, it stops being a golf and becomes a boat.  :grin:

I will get me coat. Only joking big fella.

No TC it becomes a fridge. Not a fast fridge but a NICE fridge that sounds like your favourite beer, nicely chilled, being poured into a chilled glass by dusky maidens.

:pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 06:04:25 am »

:signLOL: :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available