Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone 4  (Read 26292 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: iPhone 4
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 09:42:09 pm »
Just a bit more help if you could help me ???

I really want to get this IPhone, which is the best network to go on contract wise? O2 ???

I have T Mobile contract, but that ended 2 years ago so can easily end that.... if i go into say, carphone warehouse, will they do it all for me i.e get the pac number from T Mobile etc... ?

Use each networks coverage checker for where you live & work. I have O2 and can't fault it to be honest.

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 09:45:11 pm »
I've just heard you can order on 15th for delivery on 24th
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 09:48:21 pm »
Erm I did put that about 3 pages back in this thread  :P :P

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 09:55:36 pm »
Erm I did put that about 3 pages back in this thread  :P :P

Hahah - ohh god, just wait for me to get raped by, Tom, Topcat, JPC   .... now where is the space suit :signLOL:
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 09:59:05 pm »
O2 & Vodafone have announced that they will be releasing the iPhone 4 on the 24th June  :party: :party:

Just waiting on Pricing

O2 have said their will be a limited offer of upgrade for those still in contract ( I would expect it to be similar to what I mentioned earlier)

Expect Orange to announce soon.

Ifti

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 10:07:31 pm »
Im still in contract with my 32GB 3Gs until June of 2011!!
I always knew a new iPhone would come along this year - as it does every year - and even though I like the iPhone 4, Im going to miss this one out and be in time for the upgrade in 2011......

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 11:15:48 pm »
but why oh why would you want to put android on it   :confused:  it would be like buying a ferrari then swapping the engine with one from a lawnmower  :stupid:

I don't like iPhone OS (or iOS as it's called) but the hardware really appeals to me.
I can actually do stuff with Android (root access!); I don't like going through iTunes and I don't like Jobs telling me what apps I can/cannot install.

The proper analogy would be: buying a ferrari and swapping the engine with an infinitely customisable W16 quad turbo that I could do anything I wanted to.

I reckon I'll get it unlocked, and just get a microSIM in addition to my O2 SIM... I find their 3G coverage to be pretty decent in the UK and EU tbh. Not great, but I pay £15/month for unlimited internet and that's worth it to me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:18:17 pm by cmdrfire »

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »
I bought myself and the wife an iPhone 3GS so were not locked in, like most the only issue I have is being locked in.  Currently in my home area Orange have a crap signal due to overgrown tree's etc but cant get access or rights to clear it - but everywhere else is ok.

If I change network I then get the problem of being locked to them for 18 or 24 months, and who am I kidding thinking they are better than one another  :mad:

on the iPhone4 though, looks good.  I really did hold back but now I have one (business use) it does work pretty well.

Shame it doesnt support UMA ... or does it??

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2010, 11:42:20 pm »
but why oh why would you want to put android on it   :confused:  it would be like buying a ferrari then swapping the engine with one from a lawnmower  :stupid:

I don't like iPhone OS (or iOS as it's called) but the hardware really appeals to me.
I can actually do stuff with Android (root access!); I don't like going through iTunes and I don't like Jobs telling me what apps I can/cannot install.

The proper analogy would be: buying a ferrari and swapping the engine with an infinitely customisable W16 quad turbo that I could do anything I wanted to.

I reckon I'll get it unlocked, and just get a microSIM in addition to my O2 SIM... I find their 3G coverage to be pretty decent in the UK and EU tbh. Not great, but I pay £15/month for unlimited internet and that's worth it to me.

£15 a month for 3g data / inrternet in EU ???  :confused:

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2010, 11:44:13 pm »

£15 a month for 3g data / inrternet in EU ???  :confused:

£15/month for 3G data/internet unlimited in the UK. Was on a £25/month SIMplicity but after a year they knocked it down to £15/month for some reason.

EU data roaming is (will be) capped at £60/month thanks to new EU legislation.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 01:04:16 am »
Im assuming you do a lot of travel in the EU then.

Would it not be cheaper to have a PAYG Sim for the EU countries you visit rather than paying large Data Roaming Bills?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 01:56:36 am »
My current contract runs out on the 10th, so I wonder what I'll be getting :jumping: :jumpmove:
Golf R gone.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2010, 10:16:03 am »
Just Looked on O2 Recycle now.

A 32GB 3GS has dropped AGAIN its now only £265 you get. :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

In the space of 24hours it dropped from £306 to £282 to £265. :fighting: :fighting:

At this rate by the time they release the iPhone 4 you'll have to pay O2 to take it off you  :fighting:

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37:47 am »
Im assuming you do a lot of travel in the EU then.

Would it not be cheaper to have a PAYG Sim for the EU countries you visit rather than paying large Data Roaming Bills?

I'm there semi-frequently for work, usually Italy or Germany for a couple of days at a time. Not frequently or long enough to bother with local SIMs really, plus there's a benefit to retaining the same number while I'm out there.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »
It's about time you can view all your mail accounts in one inbox. Should have been a feature from the off imo.