Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone 4  (Read 26290 times)

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Re: iPhone 4
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 12:51:37 pm »
It's about time you can view all your mail accounts in one inbox. Should have been a feature from the off imo.
Wouldnt want to though if a mix of personal & business IMO

The option would be nice I suppose though.

Ifti

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 01:53:28 pm »
It's about time you can view all your mail accounts in one inbox. Should have been a feature from the off imo.
Wouldnt want to though if a mix of personal & business IMO

The option would be nice I suppose though.

You can still view mailboxes seperately as well.

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 02:51:16 pm »
Cost is gonna be US$700 for the unlocked 32GB. That will probably translate itself into £600-650 or so... which may be a leetle bit highly priced.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 03:15:53 pm »
Hmm i reckon it will be more around the £549 mark of the Current 32GB 3GS as the 3GS is about to have money knocked off

Offline theo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 06:47:09 pm »
I'm glad i didnt upgrade to the 3gS when my contract ran out in January. Bring on the 15th for pre order and 24th for upgrade. Its going to be an expensive month for me what with my trip to VWR too!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 06:54:11 pm »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Smudgster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 11:15:32 pm »
WHOOP WHOOP - Will be pre-ordering mine. Had my iphone 3g for 2 years now and have been waiting for this!!!!

Will look good with my ipad too  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2010, 01:31:52 pm »
Anybody with a 3GS will have to pay through the nose for the 4. The 3GS has only been out just shy of 12 months so they'll be an early termination fee whatever the pricing as shortest contract term is 18months.

For those who held onto their 3G, its a perfect opportunity to upgrade, but I suppose they've had to endure the sluggish-ness for so long!  :wink:

Whats interesting at the moment is we have 3 carrier's selling the handset which will undoubtedly mean more competition. And more competition = price contest  :pomppomp:  :happy2:

That's why all the UK carrier's are holding back on pricing. Whereas in the US pricing is available because the handset is still exclusive to AT&T - therefore no competition.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 01:40:25 pm »
It will depend on your contract if you are a 3GS owner (although my contract is from a 3G phone)

Last time it was 1,3 or 6 months upgrade with no penalty

So to me i will probably be in the 3 month bracket. However it depends on how you play the contract renewal.

If for example you take the contract out over 24months not 18months then you may get away with not having to pay through the nose.

I really cant see why they cant release the prices. They all know them already as they will have worked it all out when actually getting the deal to stock the iPhone 4 in the first place.

If for example O2 can manage to sell the phone for say £180 + Contract for the 16GB one there is probably only going to be around £10 difference between networks.

The savings for us the consumer will be in the Contract Pricing. Currently my opinion is O2 are best due to their fair use policy on unlimited data being 5GB. Vodafones & Orange was 1GB last i looked.

T-Mobile could help with pricing though as they are also going to stock it.

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2010, 01:46:07 pm »
I can't understand why people choose 24 month contracts. Just too long to have the same phone imho.

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2010, 02:05:26 pm »
I can't understand why people choose 24 month contracts. Just too long to have the same phone imho.

18 months is just about all i can put up with, and I normally try and damage it around the 11 month mark so I get a replacement iphone under warranty for the next 8 months of the agreement.

i enquired in a phone shop a few weeks ago after i lost my old 3g iphone what was available on 12 month contracts, they showed me three handsets all of which were utter poop...the operators want to tie you in long time now  :sad1: 

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2010, 02:27:14 pm »
Anybody with a 3GS will have to pay through the nose for the 4. The 3GS has only been out just shy of 12 months so they'll be an early termination fee whatever the pricing as shortest contract term is 18months.

I'm rather lucky, my 3g got swapped for a 3gs when it went faulty 10 months ago :laugh:

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2010, 02:52:01 pm »

Just get a SIM-free phone...

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2010, 03:10:33 pm »

was cheaper at the time :(

i had the 2g iphone and then got the 3g on a free upgrade... then paid off contract early when the 3gs comes out and will probs have to do the same for the 4 in a few weeks.. i can get £300+ for my jailbroken 3gs on eBay so its not an issue

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2010, 03:24:38 pm »
For info, O2 will unlock your iPhone if your a pay monthly customer. You can do this online HERE but it takes a few weeks to be enabled.

Mine will be for sale on eBay or on the forum, but in truth it really depends on the pricing as I've still got 6 months.

Is anyone aware of whether O2 include insurance and any other additional charges you pay to their "how much you pay per month"?