Make a donation

Author Topic: more bhp . has anyone got a remap done from them .  (Read 8178 times)

Offline s4lek

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
more bhp . has anyone got a remap done from them .
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:18:19 am »
hi , thinking of getting a stage one remap from more bhp , they 've quoted £249, has anyone had it done from them , good or bad reviews welcome.
thinking of getting my 2005 gti done.

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: more bhp . has anyone got a remap done from them .
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 08:56:03 am »
they might well be good but as the thread in that link adheres to, is it worth saving 2-300 pound, when there could be a risk of some copied map damaging you 17k car???  buy nice or pay twice

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 02:35:54 pm »
Only you can answer the question that you really want answered, "is it worth trying to save £200 and take a risk"

The chances are that the remap will work fine, but you will always have a niggle in the back of your mind asking is what you have as good as REVO/GIAC/ or a properly tuned custom map from a pro tuning company.

The company you have mentioned, I know nothing about so I can comment but just by looking at the front page of their website its clear that they have no dyno to use to develp their files and that they buy their files from a 3rd party and get them sent by Email. The question you must then ask is not wether the company that you are dealing with is any good, but if the people they buy their files from are any good, and wether they have been professionally developed and tested, and if the file writer and the reseller can both make profit out of the £211 (249 minus the VAT) after covering their costs?

I say it may be worth trying, but make sure you log your car afterwards with VCDS and look at blocks 115 and 20. This will tell you if the ignition is advancing correctly and you will see the boost levels that have been 'mapped in'  then check the EGT (exhaust gas temsp) and the AFR (air-fuel ratios) are ok under load then check block 4 (intake air temp) after a few runs and see if the boost level is adequate for the intercooler, anything above 45 degrees is getting too hot.

^^^all of the above would have been done by a REVO dealer or a mapper that cares about their customers cars long term reliability, is this included in your £249 remap? doubt it.

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 04:05:16 pm »
I have the morebhp.com switchable box..
Where do I go to get the logs done to check ignition etc.No that I,m worried about my map but theres no harm in checking I s,pose.

My nephew has his 55 plate polo gti mapped by these,over 2 years now and is running sweet.I also know a couple more who swear by them.
I read a post on golfgti about them,the guy who runs the company came on to answer all questions and gave me the confidence to go ahead with them.
I also spoke to him and was completely assured tho I,ve never posted a recommendation because of the "get what you pay for" thinking.

I had it on the rolling road with the seat lot recently,maybe I should post the graph for the most technically minded to spot any issues.

This most certainly is,nt a rant, I,m very interested in the VCDS wotsit mentioned above.Just dont know how to go about it.

Gulf  :happy2: