Make a donation

Author Topic: Computer PPl - please help with Value  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Smudgster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Computer PPl - please help with Value
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:37:22 am »
Im thinking of selling my Gaming PC as I just dont use it anymore for gaming, just general surfing so Im thinking of changing to an iMac. Sepc is as follows:

Monitors
ACER G24 24" Gaming Monitor, Crystal Clear it awesome
Dell 22" E228WFP

Logitech G11 Gaming keyboard
Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
Logitech Ultra Vision Quick Cam
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Audio Ecoustic 2.1 Speakers
Audio FX pro 5.2 Headset with boom mic and force feedback

The system spec is as follows:

Can remember the exact MB but is a Crosshair gaming one
AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80Ghz
4 gig of Ram (think its DDr2?? but if someone can help me comfirm)
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS Graphics
250gig Western Digital Raptor HD
2 * Pioneer DVD-RW Disk Drives
Windows 7 Ultimate

Reallys is a fantastic setup and plays every game I have thrown at it at the highest settings without Fail

Whats it worth??

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Computer PPl - please help with Value
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:46 am »
If you just want to confirm what components you have try this.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html

Ifti

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 01:19:51 pm »
May be hard to sell as a whole, since most gamers tend to build their own PCs with their own components.
Any other casual PC user will go to Dell and get a cheap sub £300 machine for their needs!

When I build my gaming monster a year or so ago, I made sure I kept all the component boxes. I ha dthe PC for about 8 montsh or so and was bored of it. Took everything apart and back into original boxes, and stuck the lot on eBay. Pretty much got what I paid for the PC in the first place!!

Im guessing you dont have boxes or anything though, or dont want the hassle of taking apart and selling seperate?

Personally I would sell the monitors and the peripherals seperate. Then sell the base unit alone.

Off the top of my head, without looking at any component prices, I'd say you may get around £500-550 for the lot (on a good sale) if the monitors and peripherals are sold seperate to the base unit.

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:47 pm »
Selling second hand PC's is always a pain due to the speed at which manufacturers bring out better machines.

My gaming monster from 3 years ago is probably only the equivalent of a mid-level standard PC today. As such most people would just go buy a cheap Dell. They have some amazing offers and unless you want cutting edge, they make a lot of sense.

I am looking for a new gaming machine, but have to wait a couple of months til I have more money. I'd never pay more than £150 for a second hand machine (without monitors) no matter what the spec is (I'm tight). I'm sure you'd tell me to F-off at that price, so I would suggest you break it down and sell for parts as mentioned by IFTI