Make a donation

Author Topic: Who to fit Autotech Pump?  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Who to fit Autotech Pump?
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:51:38 pm »
As most will know I get my Ed30 back very soon  :jumping: and I have it booked in already to get all the bits put back on (wheels etc). However I need somewhere to get the Autotech put on and I would prefer it to be someone I can trust rather than just any grotty back street garage.
I don't mind travelling a bit (from Lincs) if it's someone who has done a few before and won't take an age to fit and charge me 3-4 hours labour  :sick: Will need it done on either the 25th (Fri) or 26th June too, as it's getting the S2+ file out on at Inters on the Sat afternoon/Sunday morning. Also will any of you boys who are going to Inters have VAG COM with them?  :wink:
Any suggestions chaps?

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: Who to fit Autotech Pump?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »
Is the Autotech variant the whole pump?  Or just the internals?

I may be going to Inters, and would be happy to fit if the whole pump..........  I have VCDS as well.

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:13:12 pm »
PSI Tuning in stoke, they charged me £35  :happy2:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:20:26 pm »

It's just the uprated internals...
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 01:26:27 pm »

I may be going to Inters, and would be happy to fit if the whole pump..........  I have VCDS as well.

As above. But I may bug you do to some logs for me if you wouldn't mind a run out mate?  :wink:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 01:28:55 pm »

Well that was easy enough, as Stoke is where I will be on the 24th, so i've just spoke to Pete at PSI and booked her in  :laugh:.
Cheers for that Aparoon  :happy2:
One other thing mate, have you got a uprated FMIC yet or are you still on OEM?

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 02:32:58 pm »
Can I suggest you take a new cam follower with you to have installed with your "new" HPFP.   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 02:34:11 pm »
Can I suggest you take a new cam follower with you to have installed with your "new" HPFP.   :smiley:

Good shout and for £20 or so definitely worth it.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 02:44:42 pm »
Already ordered/delivered and sat with my pump guys...   :wink: :party:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 03:04:50 pm »

Well that was easy enough, as Stoke is where I will be on the 24th, so i've just spoke to Pete at PSI and booked her in  :laugh:.

I'm still on the oem intercooler, to be honest I haven't had any issues with it even on the ring the power didn't tail off significantly... I also put a new cam follower in  :happy2:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »

I'm still on the oem intercooler, to be honest I haven't had any issues with it even on the ring the power didn't tail off significantly... I also put a new cam follower in  :happy2:

That's reassuring mate as I will be doing the same. If the car was my toy and only used at weekends/evenings for going out for a blast, then I would defo opt for a uprated cooler. But as I won't be doing any track days and 90+% of my driving is cruising at motorway speeds and having to keep a half decent fuel economy (or get moaned at by work  :grin:) the car won't be on WOT for long periods of time apart from short sprints and the odd 1/4 mile run here and there  :evilgrin:
Plus the car gets changed in April so only got a couple of months to take it fairly steady and the winter will be here and car should run even better then..  :wink:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 02:53:01 pm »

That's reassuring mate as I will be doing the same. If the car was my toy and only used at weekends/evenings for going out for a blast, then I would defo opt for a uprated cooler. But as I won't be doing any track days and 90+% of my driving is cruising at motorway speeds and having to keep a half decent fuel economy (or get moaned at by work  :grin:) the car won't be on WOT for long periods of time apart from short sprints and the odd 1/4 mile run here and there  :evilgrin:
Plus the car gets changed in April so only got a couple of months to take it fairly steady and the winter will be here and car should run even better then..  :wink:

If anybody is going to need a intercooler its got to be you. Your are going to be sitting in that que all weekend at inters. And it doesnt just cool things it allows you to run more advanced settings with your select +  :wink:

you could buy a forge twinter and sell it on after the summer, you wouldn't lose to much dosh.  :wink:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 02:55:24 pm »
defo needs an ic but i dont know how you get away with it being a lease car  :confused: what happens if you crash it ? honest ??? as i have been looking into lease for the wife

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 03:03:15 pm »

If anybody is going to need a intercooler its got to be you. Your are going to be sitting in that que all weekend at inters. And it doesnt just cool things it allows you to run more advanced settings with your select +  :wink:

you could buy a forge twinter and sell it on after the summer, you wouldn't lose to much dosh.  :wink:

To be honest TC i'm not even 100% sure if I am going to run it at Inters yet and if I do I certainly won't be running it all weekend and sat in queues.
Also I will be running sensible settings from the word go (over the summer) as don't want to push it.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 03:06:46 pm »
Looks like those 18 months have killed your Mojo.  :laugh:

Go and look at yourself in the mirror and say Its time for the old ben to come back.  :grin: