Make a donation

Author Topic: Lux pack & winter Pack  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Mr Punch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
  • Has Pulled Cables At A Resonable Level
    • Email
Re: Lux pack & winter Pack
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 11:06:35 pm »
Do you have xenons? These come with washers automatically. If not, you probably have winter pack - heated windscreen washer jets/headlamp washers/low washer fluid warning/heated seats.

Everything else is standard.

Folding mirrors will have a position on the knob to fold them in I think

Puddle lights are lights in the bottom of the wing mirrors that shine downwards. might be wrong though

How do I know if I have xenons?

And what about the rainsensor wipers mine have a mind of their own if I indeed have them.

I Always Wanted A Black Golf GTI Now I Have One...Yippee

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 01:38:33 am »
Xenons- have a look at some pics on the for sale section or google them. Quite distinctive.

Auto wipers - can be too sensitive or not enough. If the wiper is in the neutral position they are off. One click up is automatic. Second click up is continuous. Third click is fast continuous. The toggle switch should alter sensitivity.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Mr Punch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 10:08:09 am »
Xenons- have a look at some pics on the for sale section or google them. Quite distinctive.

Auto wipers - can be too sensitive or not enough. If the wiper is in the neutral position they are off. One click up is automatic. Second click up is continuous. Third click is fast continuous. The toggle switch should alter sensitivity.

When I have the wipers one click up it hardly ever wipes is this linked to the speed of the car....If I have this on whilst driving through the town centre if rarely wipes...Then it will wipe two or three times out of the blue.

The above is with the switch on the top of the wiper arm fully to the left.

Also is it normal for the wipers to fall back into position then delay then drop another to or three inches ?

Nasir

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 11:25:35 am »
Looking from your pics Mr Punch, you don't have xenons. It's normal for them to pop up a couple of inches when they are in wiping mode. The sensitivity as stealthwolf pointed out is the little toggle switch on the stalk itself. Furthest to the right is most sensitive.

Offline Mr Punch

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 12:13:49 pm »
Looking from your pics Mr Punch, you don't have xenons. It's normal for them to pop up a couple of inches when they are in wiping mode. The sensitivity as stealthwolf pointed out is the little toggle switch on the stalk itself. Furthest to the right is most sensitive.

That will explain I've had it furthest to the left  :stupid:

I thought I had Xenons because I had washers for my headlights  :sad1:

The reason I was once told any car with Xenons require headlight washers as standard..... by law?????

Thanks Nasir

Nasir

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 01:34:59 pm »
They do and they have to have auto levelling sensors. But headlight washers can be used as another safety system without the xenon lights. It's part of the winter pack. Glad to help :happy2: