Make a donation

Author Topic: Stereo!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Nick1983

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Stereo!
« on: July 13, 2010, 08:03:26 pm »

Ok im trying to weigh up what to do first with the money i have hence talking abour remaps and refurbishing my alloys.

Next big thing on my list is a decent stereo. Any ideas? I want one that is the same fit as the original.

Saint Steve if your reading this, whats yours again with the touch screen satnav? That really looks good.

Thanks for any advice

Offline Dandan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Stereo!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:47:24 pm »
After a really long meditation I've decided to mod my car in the following order:

1. -30mm H&R lowering springs for the looks and firmer ride (IMO a fairly cheap way to make your car look better)

2. Colour coding the bumbers and skirts (They did not look good in my eye so this was also a pretty easy and cheap way to improve looks compared to i.e. buying new aftermarket bumbers and skirts and paint em)

3. Remap, REVO or BRS (Just got my GTI so I think I'll enjoy the power it has in stock a little longer so I dont have to start drooling for stage 2+ right away  :drool:

4. RNS-510, touch screen nav/dvd player, 2nd hand (Only 4th simply because I alrdy have a pretty good nav system and dont even have much use for it tbh)

That's my list so far =) Hope this was atleast in some way helpful  :happy2:

-Dan
Best things in life are not things.

Offline Mandy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:50:06 pm »
Hi Nick,

Just realised you're from Southampton too!  :happy2:

Steve has the RNS-510 in his I believe.
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Saint Steve

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:52:37 pm »

Ok im trying to weigh up what to do first with the money i have hence talking abour remaps and refurbishing my alloys.

Next big thing on my list is a decent stereo. Any ideas? I want one that is the same fit as the original.

Saint Steve if your reading this, whats yours again with the touch screen satnav? That really looks good.

Thanks for any advice

Hi nick. Yes mine is the RNS510 mate :happy2:

182_blue has a mint one for sale at present mate for £500. Get your Pm count to 10, then you can pm him :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 08:58:40 pm by Saint Steve »

Offline Nick1983

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:45:16 am »

Thanks for any advice

182_blue has a mint one for sale at present mate for £500. Get your Pm count to 10, then you can pm him :happy2:
After a really long meditation I've decided to mod my car in the following order:

1. -30mm H&R lowering springs for the looks and firmer ride (IMO a fairly cheap way to make your car look better)

2. Colour coding the bumbers and skirts (They did not look good in my eye so this was also a pretty easy and cheap way to improve looks compared to i.e. buying new aftermarket bumbers and skirts and paint em)

3. Remap, REVO or BRS (Just got my GTI so I think I'll enjoy the power it has in stock a little longer so I dont have to start drooling for stage 2+ right away  :drool:

4. RNS-510, touch screen nav/dvd player, 2nd hand (Only 4th simply because I alrdy have a pretty good nav system and dont even have much use for it tbh)

That's my list so far =) Hope this was atleast in some way helpful  :happy2:

-Dan

Cheers for that. Yea that helps. Appreciate it

Offline Nick1983

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:47:38 am »

Thanks for any advice

Cheers Steve - yea i like that a lot! i think im going to see if i can get some form of finance deal first but may look into the one 182_blue has for sale if this isnt an option! Also found a place where they will refurb my alloys for a good price so im getting that done, then the stereo and then ill be looking at a re-map!

May have to cancel the sky to pay for all of this lol!

Saint Steve

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 04:37:20 pm »

Thanks for any advice

Cheers Steve - yea i like that a lot! i think im going to see if i can get some form of finance deal first but may look into the one 182_blue has for sale if this isnt an option! Also found a place where they will refurb my alloys for a good price so im getting that done, then the stereo and then ill be looking at a re-map!

May have to cancel the sky to pay for all of this lol!

Do it mate, Car mods far more Sensible :signLOL:

Enjoy your trip down the slippery slope mate  :happy2: