Make a donation

Author Topic: Look what I saw today................... 959! Update on page 5  (Read 15964 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Look what I saw today................... 959!
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 10:01:50 pm »
Looks good UKH!!  :congrats:

Look forward to seeing her in the flesh soon!  :happy2:

h4rdy

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 10:02:33 pm »
959 one of my all times!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2010, 07:41:10 pm »
Looking very good QD! :congrats:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2010, 09:54:41 pm »
aha was wondering what this thread about a 959 was about...didn't realise u had posted the new pics on here!

Damn nice looking car that....looks rather similar to mine  :signLOL:

Yours look more 4x4 than mine. Been talking to someone else who's just had H&R's fitted.

Eibach apparently are releasing a specific R spec springs soon. Gonna try and get my hands on those.

Be good to meet up for some twin piccies.  :happy2:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2010, 10:47:06 pm »
H&R -35mm's FTW, work well with the ACC as well - welcome back QD

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2010, 07:25:30 am »
I'm considering springs but I don't want to make the already firm drive even harder !!
aha was wondering what this thread about a 959 was about...didn't realise u had posted the new pics on here!

Damn nice looking car that....looks rather similar to mine  :signLOL:

Yours look more 4x4 than mine. Been talking to someone else who's just had H&R's fitted.

Eibach apparently are releasing a specific R spec springs soon. Gonna try and get my hands on those.

Be good to meet up for some twin piccies.  :happy2:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2010, 09:09:06 am »
What ACC setting you use for daily driving?

Will try and find out some more re the Eibachs next weekend. But many have fitted the H&Rs with no problems or increased stiffness.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 09:16:25 am »
What ACC setting you use for daily driving?

Will try and find out some more re the Eibachs next weekend. But many have fitted the H&Rs with no problems or increased stiffness.

I use comfort  :chicken:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 09:19:55 am »
I do too haha use normal for track. Sport round the Ring was too much. Could really feel the difference!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2010, 09:35:31 am »

I do too haha use normal for track. Sport round the Ring was too much. Could really feel the difference!

....Talking about Sport in ACC suspension and not DSG Sport-mode, why was it "too much"? Don't you prefer the feel of lots of feedback?

I don't know if the ACC differs on the R version of the Rocco, but I didn't like the Comfort setting on the standard Rocco, and Normal did nothing for me.

I guess we each simply have different preferences - Which is why it's nice VW offer it I suppose.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2010, 09:46:07 am »
The ACC settings are different to the one on the normal rocco. I did first lap in comfort mode and it was alright. Next one switched to sport mode and it just made it stiffer and crashy almost, I could REALLY feel the undulations and bumps everywhere. Can't recall if throttle response changed as I normally don't care about that, but it was the feeling I got in the drivers seat that made wee bit less confident. Next time round put it in Normal mode and I felt I could push more and had great fun!!!
 :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2010, 10:29:57 am »
 :congrats: Very nice mate. Keep looking at these every time I go to the stealers.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2010, 01:53:17 pm »
Very nice QD.  Just been reading the reports on these in VW Driver that Mr H kindly loaned me.

They reckon 50 - 70 (IIRC) the Rocco is faster than the Golf and faster than a lot of other cars including RS4  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2011, 07:44:52 pm »
Well an update...................  Will start at thebeginning to save reading back several pages.

Had a fun time with cars, I usually keep them for 3-4 years.  Not of late in the quest for a car I could enjoy.

I had an Edition 30 Golf, which I kept for 3 years, did a few bits to it, made it go round corners better - Coils, Decent brakes (996TT Brakes with a 350mm disc and S3 Rears), and an LSD all assisted.  Milly added and some tech (BT and Rear View camera), and alll was well.   Note I remapped it for 150 miles and hated it, so std it predominately stayed in the power dept.

Until I changed to this

Cayman S - Xenons, Sat nav, Sports seats, 19's, all the good bits, and it was a stonking car, until I tried to get out of the drivers seat after a hours drive, I was in agony.  The seating position in a Cayman is all out of line, and my back didnt enjoy it.  The pedals are not in line with the seat and SW.  So it went, I actually found I was driving an old MK3 more, and it was staying in the garage.

Then this came up at very cheap money, and I mean cheap (4 months old, 5K miles, fully loaded - sat nav, leather, 19's, Dynaudio, Folding mirrors etc) I banked the rest of the Porker cash.

Old MK3 anni in background.

The Roc even came with a very good Number plate, which was worth £800, I retrofitted a Rear view camera, BT, various LEDs (Illum door handles etc), Bonnet strut (Roc R comes with an old style bonnet stay!)

It was only an interim car, as I looked for something to really replace the Porker.............................  (cash burning big holes in bank - nearly bought another bike, until a mate was killed in the IOM TT)...... Well,  I was offered a very good deal at month end by a dealer  (after much haggling and talking - it took 2 weeks to do the deal! - I actually had walked away and he came back to me on Sunday 27th Feb) against the below, provided I could do the deal over the phone last week by the morning of the 28th Feb.  So I left a deposit against a car I had not even seen, never mind driven, with the caveats of me driving and inspecting it.  I must add I had test driven one at my local dealer..........

So Wednesday last week, I drove, inspected and drove away in the above, I got over 2.5k off the screen price, and the dealer offered me 2k more than I paid for the Roc!  So I was very happy with the deal.  Dealer did not want the Cruise, or BT, left in the Roc as they had not been specced from new, so out they came, was a bit of a rush (cheers Mr P for the advice on the phone!)  :stupid:

Back to the coiffeurs car............

The car is a July 10, has 1400 miles, extras are 19's - Titanium, privacy glass, RNS E, Hill Hold, Black leather, heated seats, Black grill and details pack, Interior light pack, Bluetooth, AMI, Service pack, Extra leather details (not sure if that is an Audi Option but the dealer said it was), Cruise Control, Adaptive lights, fully electric seats etc.

So essentially the Roc and just over 9k got me into a virtually new, very well specced TTRS.  I was looking into ordering an RS3, but didn't want a Sportback, nor a 'S-Tronic gearbox'.

Plans for the TT, none, it is mind blowing!  I am loving it to death.  Must say First impressions are the RNSE is not a patch on the RNS 510, but does seem more professional (if you get what I mean), and the sport button is a great toy!

Ps I was well impressed by the Audi dealer.   Will get some better pics at the weekend, and I must emphasise the noise is phenomenal, not grating and tiresome like the sound that the BSH mounts gave me, but like the old Quattro's of yesteryear!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:49:23 pm by QD »

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Look what I saw today................... 959! Update on page 5
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2011, 07:50:10 pm »
Very nice motor QD  :wink:

Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available