Make a donation

Author Topic: what could it be?  (Read 7055 times)

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
what could it be?
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:10:35 am »
ive just recently had my gti serviced by my local mechanic, and had timming belt, water pump,etc new plugs changed, and i thought the other day when i was driving along that it felt like it would pull hard cut out for a second and pull hard again it done it 3 indiviual times in the same gear going up the rev range, and yesterday i was sittin at 40 n 5th dropped to 3rd and the same happend again but was much more noticble, i think it may be the dv, my gti is a 2005 with 29k on the clock, and im also sure that the noise from the dump/wastegate has changed/fadded since friday.

any ideas?
blue graphite Gti, full leather, arm rest with 6disk changer, 18'' Monza 2's, now changed to Perscara's, rear (i cant see) parking sensors :p dual climate, pipercross panel filter. remus sports cat back to come

Offline zub-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
Re: what could it be?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:36:10 am »

Timming belt & water pump @ 29k ?
- Was there a problem or are you just very cautious ?

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:10:55 am »

Timming belt & water pump @ 29k ?
- Was there a problem or are you just very cautious ?

VW recomendation on the GTi is now 4 years or 111K which ever is first, im discussing this with VW customer services at the moment.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:08:25 pm »
no problems at all but the cars now five years old and even though it had low mileage, the belt was starting to perish and the teeth were worn, all n all glad i done it lol.

anyone not got any suggestions?
blue graphite Gti, full leather, arm rest with 6disk changer, 18'' Monza 2's, now changed to Perscara's, rear (i cant see) parking sensors :p dual climate, pipercross panel filter. remus sports cat back to come

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 04:13:49 pm »
Dont have a clue about the issue your having, you got access to VCDS to do some logging, that should help determine if theres a boost leak.  If you dont check out the VCDS register to see if any of the members with the cable are local to you  :happy2:

The only other way as I understand it is to remove the dv which is apparently a pita on the K03 cars as its round the back by the bulkhead.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 04:20:04 pm »
thank u, where do i check for the people around me?

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 04:43:45 pm »

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:56 pm »
great thanks the only one in my area is the top one too lol, ive just came back from town, was in 5th gear doing 40mph in a 40 zone put my foot down to reach 70mph now that ive crossed over and the same problem happend again, could it possibly be iginton coils?

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 08:50:57 am »
When the DV went on my 05'Gti there was a constant loss of power rather than a short sharp loss and then back again just as quick.
 The VCDS route is definItely the easiest route to check for faults but if you decide to remove it yourself there's a few guides on here or I think I may have one that was PM'd to me that I could send you.
 If you do remove it and it looks like the below picture then its a safe bet that its the reason for your issues.

Boothy.

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 03:29:39 pm »
cool, ill give it a go tomorrow after work, and update on the situation, what dv have u got now? i was going to replace mine anyway with the revision d one,

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:34:34 pm »
Revision D

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 12:38:14 am »
Was out tonight and had stopped driving, and was speaking to a friend and the engine was still running and I noticed my traction controll  light had came on, looked at the book says that if I can't turn it off there's a fault, so hopefully it's something cheap like a coil.

Any other suggestions?

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 04:59:43 pm »
well the esp, and traction controll light wont go off, this happened on saturday night, took it to vw today and my mate came out and pluged it in, and to my worst worry it was the abs pump, so going to call vw and see if i can get a good will or like something as my cars 5 years old and has just turned 30k last night  :sad1:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 07:15:18 am »
Bad luck mate. Now I have no personal experience of this, but recently in the Telegraph Motoring section, Honest John (www.honestjohn.co.uk) outlined the problem with the Teves ABS in VAG cars, and said if no action from VW, get your module sorted with these guys for a lot less money

http://www.ecutesting.com/vw_golf_touran_abs_pump_module.html

Hope you get it sorted one way or another.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 10:05:20 am »
thanks for that link, its in process with vw to see if they will pay,even though my cars 5 year old, vw said that if my car was 4 year old they would replace it free of charge...what difference dose a year make? they also said that they would give me 20% off, so £200. but its in hand as it might get done free and or cheaper well heres hoping