Make a donation

Author Topic: Mobile Contracts  (Read 1309 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Mobile Contracts
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:54:05 pm »
Can anyone advise when you can effectively move/change your contract without penalty.
I have a 18month Contract with virgin mobile that finishes in Sept but they say I cant do anything until then but I was under the impression after say 10months of a 12 you could move on or upgrade without penalty?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Mobile Contracts
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 07:56:40 pm »
Can anyone advise when you can effectively move/change your contract without penalty.
I have a 18month Contract with virgin mobile that finishes in Sept but they say I cant do anything until then but I was under the impression after say 10months of a 12 you could move on or upgrade without penalty?

I'm eligible for an upgrade on my contract now. Vodafone do upgrades 50 days before the contract is up. The maximum I've heard of is 70 days. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14:35 pm »
Are you wanting to stay with Virgin or move networks?

I think either way its up to the operator although usually they will allow upgrades within their network up to 2 months early.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:17:16 pm by vRS Carl »

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:38:46 pm »
unfortunately if you have signed for 18months then you are tied in, if you want to upgrade then yes they will normally do it after 12-14 months but only for another 18 months in return

if you want to get an iphone 4 and cant wait until sept  :signLOL:  then your best bet is aksing to reduce the tariff down to the lowest possible, claim you lost your job or something.. , or settling the remainder outright and asking for discount

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:39:46 pm »
I have two phones on two contracts both finish at different times I wanted to upgrade to a BB but they wanted the full money for it even though I have 2.5 months left to run :fighting:  :fighting:he rouble is also when dealing with them I get the phillipene's or something of shore and they can ge the whole - right what you going to give me for my loyalty type scenario. as much as i may like the look of the ip4 i think I am better of with an android type HTC( i know the bb isnt one)

The mad thing is though they wanted to give two free basic nokia classics free as a thankyou, I said no just give me the blackberry instead which they declined :stupid:

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:44:40 pm »
Orange allow you to upgrade 3 months early, but those 3 months are added on to the end of the next contract.

FOR SALE!

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 10:33:20 pm »
You can usually upgrade early with how early depending on the network. To terminate the contract you have give 30 days notice, in writing and you can do this at any point in your contrwct. You can always lower your tariff on any network providing your not already on the lowest but they will usually only allow you to come down by one tariff per month. If you go on the money expert web site you can compare prices for selling it to one of the phone recyling things like mazuma then use that to pay your existing contract off.