Make a donation

Author Topic: Itg heat shields???  (Read 1578 times)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Itg heat shields???
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:00:34 pm »
Fitted my s3 8p itg k04 today bloody hell what a nightmare?? Cant get either of the heatshields to sit properly one at the turbo held on with the engine cover mounts seems to sit on top of the fuel line which cant be a good thing? And for the foam one think i will just stick that in the bin i have no idea how that goes on?? Any help would be appreciated or anyone with the same probs? Cheers, Stevie.

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: Itg heat shields???
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:38 pm »
hope these help :smiley:

:happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:08:00 pm »
heatshields

there is only one heat shield which sits behind the engine, that shouldn't be catching on anything, it sits pretty much on the exhaust manifold, are your silicone hoses twisted and and forcing the shield ut of position

the foam enclosure requires quite abit of fiddling to get it in, very fiddly, you might need to bend the bottom under to fit it in snug, and then adjust it to seal all the air gaps,  dont bin it, its an integral part of what makes the ITG good.  isolating the engine bay heat from entering the filter is key to this intake.

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 09:36:30 pm »
Cheers gaz the photo of the one at the back needs to be tilted up a little to i see where the edge of the shield is to the fuel line that runs in front of it? The foam one just seems "MASSIVE" completely 10x to big and 10x bigger than the one fitted to yours running it without just now but will have another go at it on monday.