Make a donation

Author Topic: List of problems  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
List of problems
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:57:27 am »
So I have a list of problems  :fighting:. If you can answer or advise on any, that'd be great!  :happy2:

1) When I set off in the morning (only happens once the cars been off a while) it seems jolty in first gear for about ten-twenty seconds,until it goes into second gear. The revs go to about 1500 then dip and rise up to 1600 - ish. It's probably worth mentioning I had a DSG service about 5000 miles ago, and also that it doesn't seem to have any problems reversing.

2) Again, when I set off in the morning, sometimes the engine takes what seems like ages to turn on. It ticks over, then kind of dies a little bit before the engine turns on. I always prime the engine before I turn it on (turn the electrics on, 3 seconds or more before starting the engine)

So that's the main issues. I also have terrible, terrible monzas.

Oh GTI, why.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:32:56 pm by Pesky jones »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: List of problems
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 09:09:51 am »
Possible throttle body fault.
Golf R gone.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:20:51 am »
Thanks, any advice on a course of action?

My uncle has VCDS, although I think it may be a rip off version as he didn't pay a lot for it. Is there a reset type option I could do?

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 12:20:30 pm »
I still stand by clearing of the fault for option 3 although I'm surprised yours is still coming back.

I brim my tank to full every single time and I haven't had that fault come back in about a year now! Even when I went to VW direct for brakes two weeks ago he asked if I wanted to have the carbon canister changed for a few hundred but he said that even if he does it, the problem will most likely come back so what's the point. There's no downside to it other than the light and mine passed NCT yesterday so it doesn't seem to affect emissions either!

As to the DSG issues, I've a manual so I'm no help!