Make a donation

Author Topic: Reflash of ecu  (Read 3258 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Reflash of ecu
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 10:28:55 pm »
I am interested in doing this too, so can it be reflashed with VAGCOM?

Short answer is no.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 04:49:16 am »
^^^ The revo dealers will have access to the original stock OEM flash so that is all they would have put on.

Why do you think the VW dealer should do it FOC?  :confused:

Im not saying this as an actual fact but its just what I have read or been told is that its not the original factory map, it is their own version of the map.

I dont think they would be allowed to use the OEM map either for copyright reasons hence their version of the software.

All imo of course  :happy2:

I too was paranoid after the trial map for some reason. Guess you are when you play with such expensive toys. I will speak to a mate of mine who works for VW. I do recall asking him when I wanted mine doing and he said he couldn't do it...wether that means they cant do it period or that they need a master tech to sort it out.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 06:06:00 am »
^^^^

that'd be great thanks. I'm intersted in this "get online to Vw" business the service receptionist was waffling about. Apparently once they're on it time gets logged and it can take a while...I maybjust have to fork
out an hours labour to get it done after all.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 08:48:23 am »
TBH if I were in your shoes, I would just pay the cash to get it reflashed. Otherwise you'll generate kore headache than it's worth.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 09:17:57 am »
I doubt if a dealer could instantly tell you if you have the correct software or a REVO version of the software on there.

REVO will modify the OEM software for performance but it will carry the OEM identifiers for the obvious reasons.

I'm also not sure if a dealer can reflash an ECU these days without VAS telling them it needs an update.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 10:24:12 am »
So basically I'm stuffed then? Get revo, get it removed and forever have third party sw on board? Sounds like I need to just go and get it remapped properly  :star:

Tbh I just want it stock  :sad1:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 10:28:13 am »
So basically I'm stuffed then?

Not at all.

You've been advised to contact REVO directly if you have issue with one of their agents.  Give them a call and ask to speak to Kev Hall.  REVO have copies of the OEM software which the REVO dealers can flash back to the car if required.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available