Make a donation

Author Topic: Separating car related stuff and other stuff in the for sale section.  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
It is starting to get quite busy in the for sale section. I'm not suggesting loads of different sections, but it would help to sort the car stuff from other stuff (probably good section titles those too!)
Golf R gone.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
With all the iPhones people want to get rid of, seems like a better idea. Keep the default main section as car-related parts with a subsection for Cars and a subsection for Non-car related items.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
We are considering get of rid of the non car related stuff as it's becoming like ebay or gumtree in that section.

An update will be posted shortly  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower

We are considering get of rid of the non car related stuff as it's becoming like ebay or gumtree in that section.

....That's a bit draconian. The ability to buy and sell stuff whether car related or not is something which greatly helps the feeling and promotion of community. Surely it can't be that difficult for you to do as Hurdy suggests.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
Good morning Robin glad to see you have taken your happy pill today   :booty:

More and more the for sale section is bringing issues to the site, when we where just a few hundred members it was pretty easy to manage any issues, but now with the continuing growth it's not something we can dedicate the time it requires.

I would rather not see a non-car related for sale section than one member of this community get ripped off IMHO.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
^^^^
Err?.. I'm in a good mood this morning.. About to build a swimming pool in the garden..               

For frogs!  :laugh:

Yes, I can understand your point about time dedication. Not quite sure about how excluding non-car stuff ensures no rip-offs. Anyway, I'm only expressing another point of view to add to the mix for you to decide.  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Good morning Robin glad to see you have taken your happy pill today   :booty:

:grin:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
I think you should still allow non car stuff to be sold.

Surely you can appoint a moderator of the for sale section?

I do think it is a benefit to all members to give the forum a chance to buy something from someone they may have a bit more knowledge about than a complete stranger.

An idea might be to either Charge a nominal membership fee (say £10 a year) which brings amongst other benefits the ability to sell stuff on here. I certainly wouldn't mind paying a nominal fee for a few extra benefits.

Or you could limit it to say having a certain no. of posts in the post count (say 250) if you don't want to charge.

Or even a combination of both :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
It's not so much it requires a moderator it's the problems when things go wrong, every week I get at at least one message about someone who paid for something that can't get hold of the seller. This is 99% related to non car parts.

Also on the membership stuff we are, based on the member feedback, not going to be doing any time soon.

The decision isn't final yet so would like to hear other peoples views too.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
I would advocate a minimum number of posts for "non-car items". 250'seems like a fair number. You can't reach that number just by spamming a few threads.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Separating car related stuff and other stuff in the for sale section.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 07:30:16 pm »
i think a higher post count before being able to sell would be a good thing.  that way, they can build up a bit of a repore, and not justjoin up to sell things, only to not use the forum again

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 07:47:31 pm »

Post count and must have a Mk5golfgti.co.uk sticker  :signLOL:

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 07:51:43 pm »
+1 for post count. Or look into the Scooby.net (sorry did i swear?) way. They charge a nominal £2per month subscription to anyone wanting to post up in the general for sale area. SO if you aren't a long term member in good standing, cough up. That's just what i did to get my subaru alloys sold last week.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)