Make a donation

Author Topic: Cuddy Tray with Lid for a MK5 GTI  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Brian150

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Cuddy Tray with Lid for a MK5 GTI
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:08:27 pm »
Does any one know a part number for a tray with a lid that is about the centre vents on the dash of a MK5 Golf. I want to change the tray I have to one with the push button lid. The tray i have is the standard one that is open (if you know what i mean.)
I know you can get one for a POLO but can't seem to find one for a Golf or does any one know if another model one will fit a MK5 Golf

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Cuddy Tray with Lid for a MK5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:17:20 pm »
I assume you dont have a GTI with the Climate unit?  As on the GTI that area is either the open cubby hole or a indirect air vent.  So im not hopeful you will find one. I might be wrong but I have never seen one.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Brian150

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 04:32:33 pm »
Ya i have the open one and want to replace it one with a lid... Its looking like they can't be got :sad1:
Want to connect up my iPod there instead of the making a hole in the armrest as i have the plug in connection to the radio for free...

Offline DamoP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 115
  • 2007 Edition 30 number 1242
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,86073.0.html
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:52:18 am »
i brought one from vw , think it was £30ish. they dont have any space inside as its an air vent. i split mine and hide the gps sensor inside
MDI Armrest & Glovebox kits
MDI looms , iPod, USB & lightening Iphone 5 leads
Armrests, cloth and leather
Retro fit Armrest 6 CD changer/Ipod dock kits

Offline Brian150

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 08:23:47 am »
Good Idea...
Want to keep an ipod hidden and was hoping to have a lid like the one on the Polo. Just Going to run the lead back to the armrest now and keep it in there. The ipod connector i have is a VW one for the ipod.
My armrest doesn't have the dock for the ipod and dont seen the point of buying one. Unless someone wants to swap.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:50:09 am »
Brian, if you have the armrest with the pocket for cooling you will have several bit of plastic at the front where the cooling vent comes through, why not adapt this and have the wire poking through into the bottom of that.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Brian150

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 12:11:30 pm »
Ya thats the road i'll go down.. Going ot drill a hole and put a rubber grommet in and have the cable coming out threw that..
Taught the lid on the centre tray on the dash would be nice. My friend that gave me the ipod connector had it done that way on his Skoda..