Make a donation

Author Topic: Apple Time Capsule.....  (Read 1783 times)

Ifti

Apple Time Capsule.....
« on: June 22, 2010, 08:08:05 pm »
Any of you guys got one of these??

Was considering the standard Wireless Extreme Base Station, but am now considering this instead, since it has a HDD built in that I can use for wireless backups/shared files etc.

Just wondering what its like in regards to heat and noise??

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
Re: Apple Time Capsule.....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:17 pm »
ive had one for a year or 2 its ok. does the job dont think it was worth the money i spent on it though. its always on so is warm/ hot but i dont sit on it! very quiet really sometimes hear it spin a little when putting lots on there.
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Ifti

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »
So would you recommend I stick with the Airport Extreme with an external HDD attached and leave the Time Capsule?

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:22:32 pm »
i wanted one for the tidyness really then i extended the network with my express i was using previously. its quite a handy thing to have for backing up easily i just think i was mugged off a bit with it! it came out just as we moved and i told myself i really need one to extend the network, in hind sight i probably didnt need it! if you already have the extreme then i personally probably wouldnt bother, i was only running express at the time. as i said its ok does what it says on the tin, nothing to get too excited about though! up to you i guess.  :happy2:

Ifti

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:36:34 am »
Read loads about it overheating since the power supply unit is internal - which was my only concern really.
I havent bought the Airport Extreme yet - but am considering the TC so I can move my iTunes library onto it.......

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:48:58 am »
oh sorry i misunderstood, if you dont have the extreme already and want to keep your files organized and off your computer i would say go for it. ive never had a problem with it and its been on since i got it, i think the new one has been revised in some ways for better performance too but mine is good. good luck with whatever you choose  :happy2:

Ifti

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 09:11:01 am »
Cheers  :happy2: