Make a donation

Author Topic: edition 30 Bluefin stage 2 problems - VAGCOM needed  (Read 5621 times)

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
edition 30 Bluefin stage 2 problems - VAGCOM needed
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:23 pm »
ive just added APR turboback exhaust and carbonio intake, and upgraded to Bluefin Stage 2. Compared with the stage 1 remap the now car feels quite sluggish in the midrange on acceleration. Ive contacted superchips and they need me to run VAGCOM to check turbo and fuel pressures. They cant offer any other help until i can send them logged data.
im a bit peeved, as i dont have VAGCOM, and now bluefin seems to be proving more hassle than its worth.

Has anyone with edition 30 and bluefin had similar problems?
Were they rectified by superchips?
Does anyone know where I can buy VAGCOM at a reasonable price for a one off use?

should i bite the bullet and just go REVO locally?
any help appreciated

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: edition 30 Bluefin stage 2 problems - VAGCOM needed
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:47:41 pm »
Hey,

When I fitted the 3'' downpipe and went to bf stage 2 on my ed30 I too felt that it lacked in torque and just didnt feel as fast, however it made 318bhp on awesomes rollers and at santa pod I was running the same times as revo stage 2 on the day and about a tenth slower than revo 2+ on the day ...

I then fitted the pump and intake and went stage 3 which was laughable, swapped to revo 2+ and the difference was huge, like a different car altogether.

My advice would be to swap to revo and sell the bf whilst you can still make some money on it if its new as I think you can get it reset for free within a certain amount of time ..
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:57:19 pm »
ive had the bluefin stage 1 for about 9 months, so dont know whether they will reset it at this stage.
im not keen to make any more mods like fuel pump, and was hoping stage 2 would be enough. i wasnt expecting much from the 20 extra bhp, it was more the increase in midrange torque i was after.
did you find the torque for revo stage 2 was the same as bluefin stage 2?

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 04:16:24 pm »
I never tried revo stage 2 pal , I went straight to stage 2+ ...

I think sometimes with the stage 2 maps they are smoother in power delivery and so can be deceiving, try and meet with somebody who can vag com the car and send the logs to them, could save you some cash  :smiley:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Saint Steve

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:09 pm »
Sounds like theyve sent you the wrong map, which has happened to me twice.

Check to see if its the correct one for your cars type of transmission.

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 04:41:23 pm »
thanks steve, i had that problem with the stage 1 map, so ive already checked that its for dsg and ive been assured by bluefin that its correct.
il try and find a garage nearby which can do some logs on vagcom and determine whether ive been sold a dud.

Saint Steve

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 04:51:18 pm »
I would load your stock map 1st. then get superchips to resend the dsg stage2 map again to your handset.Maybe didnt load correctly when you installed it chopper?

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 05:01:24 pm »
Surprised SC aren't trying to sort it for you as I've heard nothing but good things about them lately.

Oh and the standard answer on here for any map related issues are 'Go and get REVO'  :indifferent:

I'd persist with SC if I were you as my Bluefin Stage 2+ map is awesome!  :evilgrin:

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 05:07:20 pm »
seems strange my stage 1 and 2 maps where very very good...have you ran the car for a few days given it time to setle in ?

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 08:41:47 pm »
thanks for all your suggestions guys.
there was a problem with the server initially, so my remap was sent by email, and as far as ive been told its the right one.

maybe the suggestion of running it in is right... on my 70 mile drive back from work tonight i ragged it whenever i could. it just might be coming round to the way i thought it should be . i think the turbo back makes things seem very smooth, deceptively so, but its still darned quick. im goin for another spin later and il see how it goes. id rather not have to mess about with vagcom or changin to revo.

as for the APR TBE - it makes one hell of a noise. give it the beans and it sounds like a rocket.

Saint Steve

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »
if there was a problem with the server at the time, why not re-do with working server?

Offline chopper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 10:08:32 pm »
i tried it several times, but wouldnt work. the same thing happened when i got the stage 1 map, and in the end i had it emailed too. and stage 1 worked fine

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 04:32:59 pm »
Surprised SC aren't trying to sort it for you as I've heard nothing but good things about them lately.

Oh and the standard answer on here for any map related issues are 'Go and get REVO'  :indifferent:

I'd persist with SC if I were you as my Bluefin Stage 2+ map is awesome!  :evilgrin:

Go get REVO does make sense though when the people who did have found it to be noticably better  :stupid: I don't know about others but I would not suggest it unless that was genuinely the case...  How many posts are there about superchips sending wrong maps etc ... Maybe you just copped for a good one which is a result but in reality its a pain in the ass, when you buy it you want it to be right first time ...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:01:36 pm by Aparoon »

Saint Steve

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 05:09:53 pm »
If youve spent on Bluefin, paying another £400+ for revo, and you need shooting imo.

There Is nothing wrong with Bluefin at all, just need to find out why the O.P's car has developed a problem, which may or maynot  be map orientated, the engine may be the problem.

whatever next!! , someone will recommend Custard code next!!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 05:14:26 pm »
I have to agree, lots of people have problems with SC maps, but they do what it says on the tin once they have got it loaded correctly for the car. You just have to persevere, and it will come good.  :happy2: