Make a donation

Author Topic: Can't be arsed  (Read 2667 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Can't be arsed
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:23:26 pm »
Last Friday my mrs got herself a year old mini cooper s.  It's a nice car let me tells ya,and she got a great deal....now, I used to be a mini nut had one before myself and loved it.......but....... 2 1/2 years of gti driving and I cannot be arsed pressing the start stop button.  :signLOL:

It's good, it corners like a fly but ....... Meh..... It's not all that.....

Long live the mk5  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Can't be arsed
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:26:33 pm »
my misses has a mini.

I keep pestering her at the moment due to how many there are on the road at the moment! so many!

and yeh, i know what your saying about the stop start button.

I dont know what it is about the mini, but i just cant get on with them.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:36:51 pm »
Thing is she's been away on business now for 2 days and ive not even opened the door of the thing! I'm just not excited at all!

You this is what I mean,.....WTF can I ever replace a mk5 gti with? Porker? Up to ed30/5?

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 07:43:57 pm »
My sister has one & again does nothing for me.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:48 am »
I have played with the idea of getting a Cooper S for ages (since I dont have a job a car is on the back burner) but something tells me not to. Mat and Jules didnt seem to keep theirs long....maybe its a novelty thing!!
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:06:48 am »
My missus has a £25k original spec 2005 cooper s (supercharged version+ not first owner)  It looks lovely, makes a nice noise, has LSD but I'd take the golf everyday.  I love to go for a thrash now and then, revving a supercharged engine to 7k with go kart flat handling is quite an experience but the golf is better all rounder and stage one'd, you miss that 2000rpm shove of torque which makes driving quick so effortless!

The new S's I'm told are far cheaper to run but no where near as good to drive and I find them a bit "bulbous" looking having to meet all the new pedestrian safety laws

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 10:47:26 pm »
you can never compare the two cars, I have both the ed30 and a standard cooper, the later is a good laugh out of town on the wee twisties, stick some arbs on them and they get even better. but they are over priced quality isn;t any better than a vag, if thats bmw build quality then you can keep it I wont buy a bmw, but I would have an upgrade to a coop S.

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 10:20:42 am »
you can never compare the two cars, I have both the ed30 and a standard cooper, the later is a good laugh out of town on the wee twisties, stick some arbs on them and they get even better. but they are over priced quality isn;t any better than a vag, if thats bmw build quality then you can keep it I wont buy a bmw, but I would have an upgrade to a coop S.
I've had a Cooper S as a couresty car from BMW for a day and the build quality is well short of the standard BMW quality for sure.

The Mini is very overpriced and does absolutely nothing for me at all. The children's styled interior, total lack of boot and general look and feel of the car is quite dull imo. I'd much rather be driving my mk5.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 12:13:29 pm »
what i dont get about the mini i why would you buy one over a clio. depreciation is the only positive i can see, they are nothing like as much fun as any renaultsport clio and buying a small car is about fun.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 12:18:24 pm »
 :grin: they do drive nice but to be honest i do think the clio sports would be better to drive hard as the mini is a bit of a girls car  :surprised:  :grin: i did like my old cooper s works but too small and they do hold money very well
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 01:03:57 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 12:43:13 pm »
what i dont get about the mini i why would you buy one over a clio. depreciation is the only positive i can see, they are nothing like as much fun as any renaultsport clio and buying a small car is about fun.

As good value as they are they are cheaply made, poor to live with and I don't like first name relationships withe dealers. There is a reason one is desirable and holds it's value, and why one is worth peanuts in no time. The Clio appeals to a much smaller minority and for them, they are very lucky, a cheap, fun car 12 months old!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 03:01:18 pm »
never had any probs with my clios, mith that, they are built fine! and matt, they drive ok, that supercharger gave no feeling of power and stock they are no faster than a saxo vts. you may have guessed im not a fan :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 07:34:20 pm »
Tell you all what lads and lassies. I ragged that lil decker today  :evilgrin: all within legal limits of course. It was brill!

Not anyway as jaw dropping as the gti but the suspension made the car feel on rails. 

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 10:02:57 pm »
never had any probs with my clios, mith that, they are built fine! and matt, they drive ok, that supercharger gave no feeling of power and stock they are no faster than a saxo vts. you may have guessed im not a fan :signLOL:

Different strokes for Different folks I suppose  :laugh: