Make a donation

Author Topic: How to apply collinite wax?  (Read 3653 times)

Nasir

How to apply collinite wax?
« on: June 25, 2010, 02:21:46 pm »
It's a big block type, not used one of these before because I'm used to liquid waxes. Do I just dab the mf cloth onto it and apply? Can I do it by hand?

Thanks

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
Re: How to apply collinite wax?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 03:22:20 pm »
You can use your hands if you really want to yes, but I never really found much point, I preferred using an applicator. I've not tried using just an MF cloth, but when I applied it I used a MF applicator thing, this one. I gave it a couple of rubs in the pot and spread it on. I guess my advice really is just try and see how you get on.
HTH  :happy2:

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:20:10 pm »
Use an applicator pad place it in the tub give it a 180degree twist for te first application then apply to the panel THINLY after you have coated the panel remove it straight away :happy2: For further applications place the applicator in the tin and only twist 90degrees.

Some people use a slightly damp applicator to help the wax go on thinly

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Nasir

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:40:41 pm »
Yep I did it, thanks for the help guys. I used my hands at first but then read that the tin said avoid skin contact :stupid: :signLOL:.

Used an MF cloth and just kept dabbing it in, didn't have an applicator but the results are really good and hopefully it will be as durable as it says it is.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 03:17:33 pm »
I love Collinite its durability is only matched by very few other waxes.

Nasir

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 11:24:23 pm »
Yep hopefully I will see the results, can't say it was the easiest wax to put on though.

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:10:31 am »
Agreed its not. Be sure to remove it all as it does have a habit of leaving white marks.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:53:42 pm by bodger00 »

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 02:48:01 pm »
If your having problems removing the wax your either putting too much on or leaving it on for too long. When you apply the wax you should hardly be able to see it on the paint anymore than this and you are wasting product.  Only wax one panel at a time for the roof or the bonnet break it up into 4 sections when you have finnished waxing a section count to 10 then take the wax straight off. In this warmer weather i would wax even smaller sections taking the wax straight off and obviously dont go waxing in direct sun light.
Ive never had any problems using collinite yes it is quite a hard wax to use but if used correctly it is probably one of the best waxes you can get.

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84