Make a donation

Author Topic: Superchips told me that my car had already been mapped  (Read 5521 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Superchips told me that my car had already been mapped
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 08:48:45 am »
Best thing to do mate is ring Revo on 01327 301901 and ask for Kev or Carl. They'll be able to help you out if it is Revo software on your car..  :happy2:

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 09:07:54 am »
I doubt it would be REVO TBH.

REVO maps are heavily encrypted (as are all the other maps from big tuners).  This is to prevent smaller companies from being able to read their code and copy it.

The fact that SC were able to read the code in this situation suggest to me that it was not encrypted and therefore not REVO/APR/GIAC etc.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 09:54:29 am »
people who know what they are doing can easily copy a revo map   :smiley:

the car may have a map on but may be down on power due to a bust DV  :smiley: id have thought a stage 2 map on a standard car would still be alot quicker than standard.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 06:49:09 pm »
people who know what they are doing can easily copy a revo map   :smiley:

Not as easy as you would think. Anyone CAN copy a revo map out of an ECU but actually decoding the software and all of the scrambled 'ghost' maps that REVO install is almost impossible.

I know, I have read REVO software using BDM and tried to decipher it, I failed. I have 10+ years experience in vehice software and engine managment programming, I am also a REVO dealer.

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 08:16:03 pm »
i got a reply back from the guy at superchips i asked if they could tell me who it was that mapped the car i got this back

I can’t I’m afraid as there are no tags in the file to tell me.  Yes I would say it is asking for far too much boost which it can never achieve so would suggest taking the car to VW to have them re-flash the car to factory original.

i have phoned vw in gorgie edinburgh and they say they wont touch the car as its been modified is this right or are they just being awkward ?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 09:47:31 pm »
Have you thought about contacting the previous owner?
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 06:04:12 pm »
i bought it from a garage an they dont want anything to do with it they say its not their problem they never chipped it im hopefully getting a guy from volkswagen my mate knows to sort it for me dont knwo how much hes gonna charge tho has anybody had their ecu re flashed by vw before if so how much was it

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 06:27:08 pm »
Surely the previous owners details are on the V5 though??
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 09:46:12 pm »
i got a reply back from the guy at superchips i asked if they could tell me who it was that mapped the car i got this back

I can’t I’m afraid as there are no tags in the file to tell me.  Yes I would say it is asking for far too much boost which it can never achieve so would suggest taking the car to VW to have them re-flash the car to factory original.

i have phoned vw in gorgie edinburgh and they say they wont touch the car as its been modified is this right or are they just being awkward ?

Just book it in for a diagnostic check at the dealers and a reflash, you dont need to tell them the map problems. think it is about 70 squid.  :smiley:

Offline stu_no_1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 06:21:42 pm »
problem solved once i told superchips i was going to sell the bluefin on if i couldnt get the map on they said they could help me and they sent me a standard map then sent me the superchips map the car is not as torquey as it was before but that was obviously down to the car putting out too much boost so at least now i know whats on the car

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 07:29:08 pm »
Nice work.

Funny how things change peoples minds :signLOL:
Stu...