Make a donation

Author Topic: Incorrect Diagnosis by Vw dealer!  (Read 1293 times)

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
Incorrect Diagnosis by Vw dealer!
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:11:19 pm »
Hi folks,

I had some problems with the golfs window wipers when they decided to stop working earlier this year and the first thing I done was take it to my local Vw, they looked at it and about £80 later they told me the net control unit was faulty and needed replaced at around £300 for parts and labour. I then booked it in at star performance to have this replaced for much cheaper so I took the car there. They fit the new unit and hey presto the car starts blowing fuses.... I'm told they cannot deal with it and I've to contact an auto electrictian ( another £50 for labour). I then got a mate to look at it and says it needs a new motor, orders one from VW and fits it and what do you know the cars fixed! I'm livid to say at the least after having to waste days of work and spend money on unessesary labour! Is there anything I can do to get my money back from vw?

Cheers

Max

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Incorrect Diagnosis by Vw dealer!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:17:32 pm »
Very unlikely. Had they done the work in the first place then probably, but as they didnt then its not a lot different to the guy down the pub saying its xyz.
Just bad luck i'd have thought.
Ant

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:30:58 pm »
Yep I think you're snookered, there is often a reason why you pay more for work at a Franchised Dealer and you've you found one of them.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 08:11:37 pm »
Problem is you dont know if it was a combination of control unit and motor or just the motor that needed replacing.

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:15:00 pm »
Problem is you dont know if it was a combination of control unit and motor or just the motor that needed replacing.

My thoughts exactly being an auto electrician iv seen plenty of things like this

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current