Make a donation

Author Topic: intake survey?  (Read 14169 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: intake survey?
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 09:59:53 pm »
Steve Jr has texted me to say that they have some logs with peak flows over 308g/s now :surprised: i think he's aiming for 310g/s and the car goes on Noble's dyno tomorrow afternoon :jumping: , so we should see some good figures with a bit of luck :happy2:

Just got the same text, think he's subliminaly selling the GIAC / Hybrid lol

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2010, 10:35:36 pm »
so looking at some of those figures, the ITG doesn't give much over the standard airbox but if you do want a CAI to flow better then get an EVOMS ?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 10:37:57 pm »
My LTFT's are zero, but don't see why they should be different to yours :confused:

Very unlikely that your LTFT is 0 mate.  Are you sure you looked at the right block?  Engine block 32 with the ignition turned on is all you need to see it.

I'll check when I get home. I thought it was a little strange as Dom is running the same intake as me. Sure I dialled in the right block though :confused:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2010, 10:39:10 pm »
LTFT is only zero just after you clear the engine fault codes even thought there were no fault codes.

Ahh, this may be why as I'd cleared the engine check light fault just before :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 10:40:15 pm »
so looking at some of those figures, the ITG doesn't give much over the standard airbox but if you do want a CAI to flow better then get an EVOMS ?

Well I think looks can be deceptive as per my post earlier - my map meant that I wasn't getting the fuelling which meant that I didn't need the air. It wasn't down to my ITG intake if you get my drift....

...at least, I hope it isn't coz VRSy flogged it to me!  :fighting:  Got a feckin nerve with this thread otherwise  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:43:17 pm by muckipup »

Offline Nikiforos

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2010, 08:33:02 am »

RedRobin===Revo stage 2===Forge Twintake===???g/s [to be added]

:popcornsoda:

Candy White DSG,S3 full brake setup,S3 I/C,TT Lower Arms,Superpro Bushes&Antilift,
Bilstein custom coilovers,Eibach front- BSH rear ARBs,full Milltek exhaust,e-tuners stage 2 remap.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:25 pm »

Well I think looks can be deceptive as per my post earlier - my map meant that I wasn't getting the fuelling which meant that I didn't need the air. It wasn't down to my ITG intake if you get my drift....

...at least, I hope it isn't coz VRSy flogged it to me!  :fighting:  Got a feckin nerve with this thread otherwise  :signLOL:

I think the fact that the k04 cars are pulling 270g./s out of the same intake with an identical filter and pipework(excluding the DV takeoff)the filter restricts the amount that it can suck in, so its more of a combination of the two.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 02:37:08 pm »

RedRobin===Revo stage 2===Forge Twintake===???g/s [to be added]

:popcornsoda:

....No information available. JKM didn't log such when they installed my Twintake.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!