Make a donation

Author Topic: question for the REVO Reps( carl or Kev)  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
question for the REVO Reps( carl or Kev)
« on: June 26, 2010, 08:04:18 pm »
bit of background first:

After stripping off and selling all the modifications off my car from its previous state of tune(stage 2+) so i could flog the car, i then decided to not sell up and instead re-mod it in a way that would suit my needs a bit better.   

Im only running my car at stage 1 now and want alot of the old power back again but without the additional noise of the TBE and ITG intake i had previously.

My car is currently running a shark performance stage 1 remap (240Hp/270Ibft ), and im tempted for a change to enable the adjustability given by your SPS handset, and also due to my future plans with the car

So a few questions for yourselves:

1-Could you please give me some more information on this 'linear map' that is now available please. as i think this could have a lot of plus points on track:thumbup:

2-Also if my car was to have the following mods would you reccomend a stage 2+ map or a stage 1+ map. And what sort of gains over stage 1 could i expect.

-Performance air intake
-Uprated autotech HPFP
-Modified std exhaust ( the first CAT{PreCat} will have been removed leaving only the bottom cat in place)
-S3 intercooler

As said earlier, i want less noise than i had before hence why the std exhaust will be retained but the first cat removed to allow better flow in the exhaust, and an enclosed intake instead wil be fitted.

3- Im very keen on fitting water methanol injection, have you guys ever mapped a car with it on, and would you consider it and if so, would that require me to travel to your HQ for mapping or could a local REVO dealer do this. ideally i would want two preset maps that i can change the car to. one without water meth turned on, and one that will take advantage of water meth

last question

4-Im still contemplating a k04, either full engine or turbo conversion, would the software be upgradeable onto that.(stage 3+) but without the turbo back exhaust :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: question for the REVO Reps( carl or Kev)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 10:29:24 pm »
Is a resonated Milly still to loud for you Sy?  :confused: I know what you mean about the noise aspect, especially the open intakes. This is the reason I went for the Dbilas intake as I didn't want the full time flutter (even though I do love the noise  :evilgrin:)..