Make a donation

Author Topic: Le Mans  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Rhys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Le Mans
« on: June 30, 2010, 02:17:34 pm »
Stoping over in Lemans for one night next week and would like to pop and have a looks at the track and heard its got a good musuem their too. The only problem in finding is the address to enter in the Sat nav for it . Anyone shed some light?

Is this the correct musuem address, and is it located on or next to the track?

Le Mans Museums: Musée Automobile de la Sarthe – 442 Rue de Laigné, Le Mans, France, FR
Tel: +33 0243 72 72 24

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Le Mans
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 02:28:16 pm »
Museum is right next to the track, not far from the main straight and the grand stands, not sure what the main entrance address is as when you go during the 24 hour race its all sign posted for dummies, but its at the main entrance!

its about here.....

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Rhys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 02:32:45 pm »
Ah right so if go towards main entrance will be fine.  Just trying to find address to enter into the RNS so i have no stresst once i get to France lol.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 02:38:23 pm »
this address seems to be nearly spot on "Impasse des Portes du Circuit 72100 Le Mans" try that in the RNS

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:40:55 pm »
Or check this out http://www.musee-automobile-de-la-sarthe.abcsalles.com/prive/en/fiche.php?n=11841

address they give is
BP 29254 Circuit des 24 Heures
72100 LE MANS
Sarthe

Offline Rhys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:04:55 pm »
Cheers Rich, i just come back in from the car, and i put POI in the RNS and the museum it toke me to was exactley where you said the map was above.  Cheers for that!

Worth a look around when we are there on Thursday next week.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 03:08:30 pm »
Not been inside the full museum as when there are cars racing round the track outside its every moment in the stands, but from what ive seen its worth a stop off, think you can walk on the track too, its an awesome place, plus if the roads are open then you can drive part of the mulsannes straight and see the chicanes they added to lower the top speeds.

Plus if its very hot the museum has extreme aircon and a nice little cafe  :wink: