Make a donation

Author Topic: VWR panel filter  (Read 9707 times)

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: VWR panel filter
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »

Yeah its always best to be sure, and to be honest although I like the idea of increasing the engine air flow, im not worried about performance increase.

And the above calculations were more of a theoretical, and more a skeptical look at a manufacturer claim!  If a panel filter was all that was needed to give a KO3 KO4 stock power then everyone would have done it   :booty:

....Absolutely right!

I think that an APR Carbonio ram intake attached to the oem box with panel filter barely adds 3 or 4 bhp but they claim more. A remap will help but in my own experience all I felt was a slightly improved throttle response. There may have been an extra 4 or 5 tq but nothing to get excited about.

Improving efficiency is still a beneficial thing to do though.

That was my main thought Robin, is would the filter allow for a better combustion and therefore more efficiency from the engine, car is fast enough for legal driving but there is something intriguing about making the car as good as it can be in OEM spec.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: VWR panel filter
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »

That was my main thought Robin, is would the filter allow for a better combustion and therefore more efficiency from the engine, car is fast enough for legal driving but there is something intriguing about making the car as good as it can be in OEM spec.

....*cough* It's a fine line though. Is swopping to another VAG part still oem? TT wishbones, R32/S3 brakes, etc for example.

It's also a seductive introduction to that slippery slope of modding.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!