Make a donation

Author Topic: Milltek Exhaust / Warranty Query  (Read 2469 times)

RustyGTI

Milltek Exhaust / Warranty Query
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:18 pm »
Hi

Am considering fitting a Milltek exhaust to my GTi, does anyone know if this would invalidate the manufacturers warranty?

Also, if anyone has fitted a Milltek exhaust to their Gti can you tell me roughly what sort of power / torque gains you got over standard?

Am just starting out on the performance modification route and don't want to go mad (i.e. change engine internals), but if there are any modification recommendations which won't break the bank but offer a decent improvement then please let me know e.g. filter / exhaust  etc :happy2:

Thanks

Russ

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Milltek Exhaust / Warranty Query
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:54:09 pm »
The Milltek would only invalidate that part of the cars warranty and it comes with its own warranty.  :happy2:

A zorst and remap is a great combo and if you can resist going further that should be enough to give you a sorted car. Its hard to stop once it is remapped though.  :happy2:

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:22:54 am »
I've got a cat back non res Milltek on my GTI. Can't say it's made it any faster BUT it sounds better & will never rust like a mild steel one.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

RustyGTI

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:39:26 pm »
The Milltek would only invalidate that part of the cars warranty and it comes with its own warranty.  :happy2:

A zorst and remap is a great combo and if you can resist going further that should be enough to give you a sorted car. Its hard to stop once it is remapped though.  :happy2:

Thanks,

Wondered if VW could prove it had increased the power of the engine then they wouldn't cover anything... :surprised:

Apparently Milltek do a Resonated version which is quieter than the non-resonated? Is that right?

Yes, would ideally like to do a Superchips / Milltek upgrade and then stop!! :wink:

Russ

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:22:14 pm »
Res is quieter than non res :happy2:

Offline jmspear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 08:16:51 am »
I have the milltek resonated and it doesn't sound any louder than stock (at least inside the car), and russ just add a tiny High Pressure Fuel Pump and Cold Air Intake and feel the OMG power it unleashes (275 HP and 315lbft in my case)  :evilgrin: then its time to stop  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55:39 am »
^^^^
Power increases by adding a Milltek will only happen if you also remap and also from a Turbo-back (TBE) Milltek..

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 12:10:13 pm »
you'd get a small increase in power because the ECU has a degree of adaptation built into it, hence why sticking an intake on a std car still yields gains.  however stic a stage 2 remap and an exhaust and then the gains are in another league

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 02:54:00 pm »
you'd get a small increase in power because the ECU has a degree of adaptation built into it, hence why sticking an intake on a std car still yields gains.  however stic a stage 2 remap and an exhaust and then the gains are in another league

....You don't need to go to Stage2 to see worthwhile gains. Remap Stage1 plus high flow turbo-back Milltek exhaust and you will see significant gains even without an aftermarket intake.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 12:17:48 pm »
I have the milltek resonated and it doesn't sound any louder than stock (at least inside the car), and russ just add a tiny High Pressure Fuel Pump and Cold Air Intake and feel the OMG power it unleashes (275 HP and 315lbft in my case)  :evilgrin: then its time to stop  :happy2:
Just out of interest, why would you change the standard back box for a milltek resonated system if the sound or performance is the same?
I'm thinking of changing my standard back box to a milltek non-res, not for any power gains but from a sound point of view. How much better/noisier is the non-res over std?
Also, are Awesome in Manchester awesome to deal with?
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!