Make a donation

Author Topic: thinking about selling the gti...  (Read 3271 times)

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
thinking about selling the gti...
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:08:46 pm »
well im thinking about selling the gti, and buying something different, now ive only owned my gti for a month and had it on the road for 2 weeks, but the 2 weeks on the road ive had to replace abs pump and there was something else wrong and vw said its the fly wheel. they also said that because its a gti, they have some fancy double fly wheel system due to the power is has to put down... correct me if im wrong here guys?

but as this is starting to get worse and is dear to fix, vw said they will give me £10.500 for my gti,

do you think i should defently sell it or keep it and fix it? advice needed here as i cant decide lol, the next line up vechicle is the red caddy van n the for sale section if its still for sale when im ready....

andrew
blue graphite Gti, full leather, arm rest with 6disk changer, 18'' Monza 2's, now changed to Perscara's, rear (i cant see) parking sensors :p dual climate, pipercross panel filter. remus sports cat back to come

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: thinking about selling the gti...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:13:08 pm »
i decided i wanted something different to my vRS, and stripped all mods off and sold them, then everything i test drove didnt do it for me in every respect like the vRS did.  they all sacrificed something wheter it was interior quality, or power etc.

i decided to keep it instead

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 04:50:59 am »
I would be on the phone to whoever sold you it seen as you have only had it a month.  :fighting:

Get it fixed and take out some kind of warranty cover and enjoy.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:16:21 am »
Buy a Jap car, much more reliable. I will be selling mine in a few months, too many things to go wrong and i've got a few niggles with mine already after 2 months. I would have stayed Honda but they don't do boost.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:20:28 am »
Buy a Jap car, much more reliable. I will be selling mine in a few months, too many things to go wrong and i've got a few niggles with mine already after 2 months. I would have stayed Honda but they don't do boost.
:popcornsoda:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline GE90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:23:13 am »
Andrew, first i am sorry to hear of the issues that you are having, and I hope that they get resolved allowing you to enjoy the car (if you decide to keep it).

May I ask what the symptoms are of the flywheel issue?

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 11:03:31 am »
will you loose out much

if you have a gut feeling its a bad runner, maybe take the hit and consider something else

but when running fine like all members on here with gti's love them
MKV Golf DSG

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 11:05:32 am »
the only prob with getting rid is whats to say the next car wont be the same or worse then this one  :sad1: just get everything sorted on this one and i am sure u will love it

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:02:20 pm »
Andrew, first i am sorry to hear of the issues that you are having, and I hope that they get resolved allowing you to enjoy the car (if you decide to keep it).

its for example. ill be doing 40mph in 6th gear i then come to the national speed limit sign, plant my foot down and keep it down and the car builds up then starts to like judder/retard at about 60mph. it was really bad when the abs pump went. got that sorted and its not as bad, its weird. im stuck in a pickle i love my gti and am vw through n through, but its like if it is a flywheel, do i replace the clutch am that far in might as well? ...

thanks for all the help so far,  andrew
blue graphite Gti, full leather, arm rest with 6disk changer, 18'' Monza 2's, now changed to Perscara's, rear (i cant see) parking sensors :p dual climate, pipercross panel filter. remus sports cat back to come

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:51:39 pm »

its for example. ill be doing 40mph in 6th gear i then come to the national speed limit sign, plant my foot down and keep it down and the car builds up then starts to like judder/retard at about 60mph. it was really bad when the abs pump went. got that sorted and its not as bad, its weird. im stuck in a pickle i love my gti and am vw through n through, but its like if it is a flywheel, do i replace the clutch am that far in might as well? ...

thanks for all the help so far,  andrew

Sorry to here the trouble your having mate! But in referance to you saying that it judders at that speed have yoh looked at the balancing on your wheels? A couple of friends have had the same peoblem and it was wieghts falling off the wheela!

Offline x18wag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 03:26:27 pm »
Sorry to here the trouble your having mate! But in referance to you saying that it judders at that speed have yoh looked at the balancing on your wheels? A couple of friends have had the same peoblem and it was wieghts falling off the wheela!
[/quote]

when i say judder i more mean that is the engine, as ive already looked at the wheels for the weights and all are still there, and theres no flat spots from buckeled wheels. and i can feel the car trying to put the power down but its struggling....

andrew

Saint Steve

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 07:26:05 pm »

Ban hammer anyone please :laugh:

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 07:36:42 pm »
Lol
6 Hondas and never had a problem.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 07:39:35 pm »
Lol
6 Hondas and never had a problem.

i worked for em and had a few type r and had any probs at all

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Saint Steve

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:30 pm »
That may be true, but doesnt change the fact you may want a Honda :laugh:

Sorry.... Reliable yes but would a decorate my Living room in Bright luminous Green and live with it.......No  :happy2: