Make a donation

Author Topic: Is anybody an ARDS instructor?  (Read 1617 times)

Offline big_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Is anybody an ARDS instructor?
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:02:15 pm »
Hi guys just looking into becoming an ARDS instructor and wondered if we have any forum memebers that could give me some advice.

I have a ARDS national B race license from racing golfs last year and would like to do track tuition and driving experience days.
I think that it would help with my new bussines . We can tune cars and supply and fit performance parts to customers cars, but the best thing is being shown how to drive properly.

:happy2:

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
Re: Is anybody an ARDS instructor?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:27:52 pm »
is this the pete i think it is? Pete A?

if it is welcome along dude  :smiley:

Luke
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline big_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:54:45 pm »
Hello bud how you doing?
I have been watching how your ed30 has been coming along, how did you get on at brunters?
just trying to sort out becoming an instructor mate, get paid for going round a track instead of paying, if you catch my drift.   :smiley:

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:54:03 am »
Didnt get on that great really, not had 5 mins to look at my car so nothing else has been done to it  :sad1: will be making some more progress when kev is back from holiday tho.

Yea know what you mean,
It is good, but having an instructor license just means that you can sit next billys that haven't ever been near a track before (which is pretty scary if im honest!) It wont mean that you get to drive, to get instructor jobs is getting harder especially if you haven't got the pedigree to advertise to people!

If im honest i would say save your money, unless you can guarantee work is going to come from it

Clio Cup is the best place to get instructor work, but its mainly through word of mouth.

Advice i can give tho is that the Instructors will like you to talk them through your laps, you can be the best driver in the world, but if you cant talk (and it make sense) then there not going to pass you  :smiley:

The pass rate isnt actually that high, but as long as your nice and smooth (and quick) then you will be fine

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline big_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 01:33:09 pm »
what can I say , I am SMOOTH and quick   :grin: and can talk the hinde legs off a donkey  lol. maybe theres a chance.
Just something I fancied doing, not a carear move though.
Hows mum and dad ?

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 11:09:38 pm »
haha i was thinking you wouldnt have a problem with the talking part of it but didnt want to say  :grin:

Yea there good thanks, should be coming along to a few of the races this year if your about? think john is trying to get me to do the Silverstone round in the Leon!!
Off to the ring with the leon next weekend too... should be interesting!