Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!  (Read 91490 times)

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 20
  • A wish called Zonda
Re: OEM LED Lights - Skyline Style!
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2010, 06:34:13 pm »
Looks excellent :congrats:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2010, 06:36:42 pm »
^^^^
Looking good, Lee  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

So, to recap, you now have:

- Quad red lights.

- Quad brake lights.

- Twin fog lights?

- Twin reversing lights?

- No extra indicators/hazards.

AFAIK the MOT will test the intensity values of the lights and that any rear fog will override and will only be able to be activated if your other lights are on.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2010, 07:02:54 pm »
Thanks guys  :happy2:

Here is a break down of how they stand at the moment.

When the headlights are off and the brakes are applied I have,

Inners rings bright, Outer rings bright, Outer centres bright and high level brake light.

When the headlights/sidelights are on I have,

Inner rings on, Outer rings on, Outer centres off.

And when the head/sidelights are on and I apply the brakes I have,

Inner rings bright, Outer rings bright, Outer centres bright and high level brake light.

I still have the single reverse and fog as normal and twin indicators as normal too. I could of gone for twin reverse and used the inner rings as fogs too but to be honest I could'nt be arsed!! As it involved more wiring and a fair bit of coding and to be honest for the amount of time the fog light gets used it wasnt worth it, but I might have a play when the weather warms up a bit!!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:08:13 pm by apollo13 »
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »
Thanks guys  :happy2:

Here is a break down of how they stand at the moment.

When the headlights are off and the brakes are applied I have,

Inners rings bright, Outer rings bright, Outer centres bright and high level brake light.

When the headlights/sidelights are on I have,

Inner rings on, Outer rings on, Outer centres off.

And when the head/sidelights are on and I apply the brakes I have,

Inner rings bright, Outer rings bright, Outer centres bright and high level brake light.

I still have the single reverse and fog as normal and twin indicators as normal too. I could of gone for twin reverse and used the inner rings as fogs too but to be honest I could'nt be arsed!! As it involved more wiring and a fair bit of coding and to be honest for the amount of time the fog light gets used it wasnt worth it, but I might have a play when the weather warms up a bit!!

Excellent job there, when are you taking orders???  :xmaspresent:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2010, 08:19:30 pm »
Hi Jake ,

I'm afraid I cannot take to credit for modding the inners, only wiring them up and finding out the correct coding.  :rolleye:
****Registered VCDS HEX CAN Kent Area For All Retrofits**** GT TDI - Retro fitted by me so far.... OEM Omanyts - Sportlines - GT Sport Front End - GTI Rear and Skirts - Hella Dynabeam Xenons - Heated Leather - Highline Cluster With White LED's and Lit Needles - Armrest - Mk6 GTI MFSW - Skyline OEM LED Tailights - LED RNS 510 With Voice Control - Rear Sensors - 729B Bluetooth - Highline CCM + CECM - AF CAN Gateway - Cornering Fogs - U.S Indicators

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2010, 08:51:28 pm »
@ Jake:

Once my mate Chris has sorted mine out plus some coding info from Lee (apollo13), he may be interested in taking orders. Watch this space but don't hold your breath!  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »

:grin:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2010, 01:40:29 pm »
Anyone know where we can buy the Valeo LED rear lights from?

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2010, 06:34:22 pm »

I bought mine from here and they were delivered within a week. Dont be put off that they are from Germany. :happy2:
http://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuning-styling-vw-golf-5-v-led-rear-lights-set-candy-red-for-vw-golf-5-v.htm

Offline swf7y

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2010, 06:43:55 pm »

I bought mine from here and they were delivered within a week. Dont be put off that they are from Germany. :happy2:
http://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuning-styling-vw-golf-5-v-led-rear-lights-set-candy-red-for-vw-golf-5-v.htm

Cheers Bodger. Do the reverse and fog lights need switching over? I know there are many guides out there but it's out of my depth I'm afraid  :sad1:

Offline bodger00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • A wish called Zonda
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2010, 07:50:12 pm »
The connector is plug and play but yes you do need to swap around the inners.
See here for more details:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4469.0.html

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2010, 02:00:32 pm »
Hi all (especially Robin)

The car went in for M.O.T this morning and.......................passed no problems at all.  :pomppomp:

Just for reference I removed the red filter from the fog light for a more even look so needed a reb bulb to use instead. I used a osram diadem red bulb which is silver but lights red much the same as the silvered indicator bulbs you can get thus retaining the look.

These bulbs are used in the new range rovers ect as they have full clear lenses on the rear.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2011, 02:17:38 pm »

The car went in for M.O.T this morning and.......................passed no problems at all.  :pomppomp:

Just for reference I removed the red filter from the fog light for a more even look so needed a reb bulb to use instead. I used a osram diadem red bulb which is silver but lights red much the same as the silvered indicator bulbs you can get thus retaining the look.

These bulbs are used in the new range rovers ect as they have full clear lenses on the rear.

Have you a link to the bulb you used, i dont have one in mine yet.  :happy2:

Offline apollo13

• Thank You
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2011, 06:00:23 pm »

Have you a link to the bulb you used, i dont have one in mine yet.  :happy2:

Sorry for the delay T.C here you go. Free P+P  :grin:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-OSRAM-DIADEM-RED-PR21W-REAR-FOG-LIGHT-BULB-382R-/170567203506?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b698fab2

Alot of dosh for a bulb but most of the red bulbs out there are not 'E' marked, most are just standard bulbs dipped in red 'paint' that just flakes of after a while.