Make a donation

Author Topic: speed cameras!! aaarrrggghhhh  (Read 2678 times)

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
speed cameras!! aaarrrggghhhh
« on: July 08, 2010, 07:09:06 pm »
driving home from aberdeen today, A90 (1st time) - there are literally hundreds of em!!! i have definately been done by 1 poss 2, overtook a lorry & didnt spot the camera, saw the flash in my rear view too late :sad1:

the second im not sure about. about an hour further on i was obviously watchin my speed wen some idiot was tailgaiting me. i sped up a touch & he puts foot down & overtakes, just as we appoached a speed cam! he was in front of me & the camera (on other side of road facing us flashed twice. i didnt even think they could get you on other side of road???

suppose i will find out in 14 days :confused:

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: speed cameras!! aaarrrggghhhh
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:14:26 pm »
shud of probs posted in 'radom chat'.

apologies mods please move if required :happy2:

Offline x2dazee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:46:17 pm »
I got flashed at least I think I got flashed yesterday (as there were other cars passing) on the other side of the road - I thought it might be me as I was the only one speeding...but supposedly you can't get flashed on the other side (depending if its a switchiable lane camera) because there were no speed markings on my side.

Basically not allowed to Dazzle the driver of the car by means of oncoming flashes only from the rear...also a quick google showed that cameras doing that are cheap dummy cameras  :confused:

But anyways you and me both - worse case scenario if you know someone with a provisional license that aint going to drive ever like an old pensioner slap it on theirs  :signLOL:

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:40:56 pm »
Loads of them only have dummy units in .... probably 3 of the 4 that flash  ..... but nevertheless not a nice 14 day wait :(

FWIW I have been flashed driving police cars loads of times and only got about 6 NIP's .... on one call I got flashed about 5 times on a 45 minute run ... and didn't get anything.   There really is just no telling  :rolleye:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:51:51 pm »
Ive set off quite a few that are facing you and they cant get you.  :happy2:

(Some mobile ones can get you when going towards you I think.)

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 08:55:42 pm »
only one time i made a camera flash i had someone right up my ass and went through an amber light because if i braked would cause an accident but they didnt see it like that and gave me 3 points. effing cameras  :sick:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 08:56:31 pm »
Unless a truvelo camera ... a normal Gatso only goes off as you go towards it if it has a dummy unit in it - the proper Gatso cameras only take you from behind (so to speak :wink:).  They can be used to get traffic towards but are not 'approved' for that in this country  :smiley:

Offline stevie_p

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 09:06:30 pm »
the truvelo dnt flash tho do they? arent they like a laser? anyway im 90% sure ive got done by the first one hopefully not the second or ill be walking a fine line!!!

14days & counting :grin:

Offline x2dazee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 10:03:23 pm »
the truvelo dnt flash tho do they? arent they like a laser? anyway im 90% sure ive got done by the first one hopefully not the second or ill be walking a fine line!!!

Is it your first offence ?? supposedly if it is there is some optional course you can take "how not to speed" lol and they don't give you points if im not mistaken

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 10:07:17 pm »

Is it your first offence ?? supposedly if it is there is some optional course you can take "how not to speed" lol and they don't give you points if im not mistaken

The course is normally only offered if you are caught doing 35,36 or maybe 37 in a 30 .... it is not supposed to be offered in anything other than a 30 .... or if you have been done before - but many forces are different ....

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 10:28:03 pm »
I got flashed last week driving an ambulance response car (not on a job).  It was the middle of the night, I wasn't concentrating and my mind was elsewhere.  I've had a clean license for 5 years though (incidentally the last time I got points I was in an ambulance too!) so it's about time I had some mre points :grin:  Just got to wait and see if they find me now!

FOR SALE!

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 10:46:32 pm »
I got flashed last week driving an ambulance response car (not on a job).  It was the middle of the night, I wasn't concentrating and my mind was elsewhere.  I've had a clean license for 5 years though (incidentally the last time I got points I was in an ambulance too!) so it's about time I had some mre points :grin:  Just got to wait and see if they find me now!

Wasn't someone up the road waving at you and you thought it was an emergency .... only to find when you got there they thought you were a minicab  :grin:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:53:12 pm by SO8 »

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 10:55:51 pm »
I got flashed last week driving an ambulance response car (not on a job).  It was the middle of the night, I wasn't concentrating and my mind was elsewhere.  I've had a clean license for 5 years though (incidentally the last time I got points I was in an ambulance too!) so it's about time I had some mre points :grin:  Just got to wait and see if they find me now!

Wasn't someone up the road waving at you and you thought it was an emergency .... only to find when you got there they thought you were a minicab  :grin:

LOL, most of the time we're just a taxi service anyway!

FOR SALE!

edd666999sMrs

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 12:57:06 am »

You might be lucky. I was caught by a truvelo last year doing 90mph on a 60 zone...i got the letter 12days later in the post.

I ignored it.

and have heard nothing since!........ no points, nothing.  

:happy2:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:01:50 am by edd666999sMrs »

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 01:43:48 am »
 :scared: watch out for the summons