Make a donation

Author Topic: Miglior Detailing Ltd: Golf Edition 30 - Enhancement (more like correction!)  (Read 6959 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Hi Folks,

Thank you for checking out another thread of mine. This Time the car is another Golf GTi Edition 30. This car had only done 25,000 miles but has had a hard life! The new owners wanted to bring it back up to the condition it should be for 25000 miles. They were concerned over some pretty sever scratches all around the car.
Most were mainly due to incorrect washing techniques, the car looked like it had not been washed by anything other than a brush. There were also some marks around the passenger's door where it looks as though a very dirty sponge/brush/scouring pad has been used to remove something.
Other than the scratches, the car was full of moss and sap. It looks as though it was parked under a tree for the most part of its life up to now!

The car was booked in for an Exterior & Interior Enhancement detail. The Owner was having all four wheels refurbished a few days after I had the car.

Time to turn this Edition 30 around!

On arrival

So we got the wash out of the way. This car was foamed with APC, Rinsed, two bucket washed, rinsed, De

That’s a LOT of water!

Now we had the wet work out of the way, it was time to start tackling the swirls. The car was measured with PTG to see any abnormalities. Here are some pictures to show you the extent of the swirling...

Buffer trails all over the area that had been repainted. The paint was reading over 1mm in places here!

More from the rear quarter

I started off with Swissvax cleaner fluid Pro on Blue 3m pad to start but then upped it to a yellow 3M pad with 3M extra Fine Cut. This gave results like this...

There were still some random deep scratches in there, but a huge difference. Bear in mind the aim of this job was to enhance the paint, not fully correct it. I’m sure you will agree, it’s a blinding turn around, and one I was sure the Owner would be very pleased with.

Same again but working around the car now

This is a shot of the car outside. You can see the difference in the depth of the black. The left side has yet to be polished, and the right has been polished.  This is another nice demonstration to the benefits of detailing.

Another 50/50 on the wing. This time under a 400w Metal Halide flood light.

And with the sun gun

A lot of the car came out looking like this...

Some areas still having a few marks in

So, once all the polishing was out the way, I went around the whole car with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid by hand. After that was completed, I started on One of Two coats of Swissvax Best of Show. I’ve always found this wax hard to beat on a black car!

Time was marching on now so I put the camera down to finish off all the other bits and pieces.

The interior was also done without the camera.

Here are some of the afters.

Please excuse the Dog. I’m sure he understands the concept of cameras. He gets up when I pick up my SLR and plonks himself in the shot! I thought id include it as the other photos from this angle are all over exposed due to the shutter door being open and the metal halide lighting.

Much glossier now

Last one

Total Time .... Roughly 12 Hours

Thanks for reading guys!

Swissvax Detailer Covering Manchester and Lancashire

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 06:38:17 pm by JPC »

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
wow wot a big difference you have made  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

im deffo gona bring my new car up2 you when i get it bud  :happy2:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
That is a nice piece of work Jay. :happy2:

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
What a difference! I gave my laser blue it's first clean this week after picking it up and realise how bad swirls look on darker cars! I've only ever owned silver or White in the past. This is going to bug me until it's sorted so I best get saving!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
I love how a proper detail really brings out the metal flake.

Nicely done. Been reading your site. Love the write ups. We need more!  :party:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:03:09 pm by stealthwolf »

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
Holy abomination batman!

Hugee difference. Looks lovely  :notworthy:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Thats outstanding  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Especially as you were doing an Enhancement and not a correction.

I really need to find some time to get my car to you.

Excellent work Jay :happy2:

Neil

Looks mint, I love the pic with the dog in, it adds a little extra not usually assosiated with detailing :happy2:

I really enjoy looking after my cars and try to keep them looking their best but I`m sure a proper paint correction wouldn`t go amiss  :smiley:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
Cheers guys, the Owner is now a member on here I believe! I better send him a link to this!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
looks good mate! not as good as mine though  :laugh:

whos is that dog?

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
Fantastic work as always, i do love threads like this. The difference is unbelievable!
Ant

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Massive turnaround Jay!  :notworthy:

Dog is awesome too!  :laugh: :happy2:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
 :surprised:
what an incredible difference  :happy2: the owner must have been blown away when they saw it after it was finished
 :notworthy: as ever top work Jay
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline JPC

• Thank You
Thanks very muchly guys. The dog is a Hungarian vizsla. Daft as a brush but I'm getting there with him! He's well trained now!

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
STUNNING turnaround mate!
sooooo gotta have this done to mine!
shame you live so far away  :sad1:
and love the dog, really wanna get another myself, did have a japanese akita... all 9st of her!
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"