Make a donation

Author Topic: Dodo Juice SOFT & HARD WAX which one for a grey mettalic?  (Read 6453 times)

Offline CAPTAIN BRITAIN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Dodo Juice SOFT & HARD WAX which one for a grey mettalic?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 03:33:21 pm »
I can remeber when i used to wash a car, i would get a bucket fill it with shampoo and water, dunk the sponge and slam it down on to dry dusty dirty car.   :surprised:  :ashamed:

Makes me cringe how i treated my Mk4 GTI

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 07:59:35 pm »
I can remeber when i used to wash a car, i would get a bucket fill it with shampoo and water, dunk the sponge and slam it down on to dry dusty dirty car.   :surprised:  :ashamed:

Makes me cringe how i treated my Mk4 GTI

We've ALL done!! :grin: :grin:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 08:04:35 pm »
I think I did the same with my first car. Halfrauds were doing bogof offers so got sponge, chammy, bucket and a bottle of wash'n'wax!

Then i joined a fiesta forum, saw VXRMarc's detail thread and learnt about "detailing". Through the fezza forum I learnt about claying and polishing. But only thrpugh DW did I learn about what I know. Some of the detailed car threads here have been immensely useful.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 08:12:20 pm »
It was a long time ago where I worked there was a chap who I didn't much liked and on the afternoon break he thought he'd go and wash his car.
Fair enough I thought, his motor wasn't pristine clean anyway but what I saw was unbeleivable, he was washing his car with a kitchen scourer, I asked him what the hell you doing his reply was the dirt wasn't coming off so he tried the scourer and ITS ALOT BETTER!!!! :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :signLOL: 
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................