Make a donation

Author Topic: Just like to thank Dave @PDT TUNING  (Read 4720 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Just like to thank Dave @PDT TUNING
« on: July 10, 2010, 02:06:20 pm »
Took my car to Dave to alter a map(bit of smoke out the back)  that was in my car that i had done else where but the map was locked so the only option to to remap it...it pulls a lot better now with no smoke at all

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Just like to thank Dave @PDT TUNING
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:26:19 pm »
Hi mate, nice to meet you today, glad the new map has solved the problem  :happy2:

Offline alex_chung

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:41:51 pm »
Good to hear. Any figures?
Alex

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 04:27:53 pm »
Took my car to Dave to alter a map(bit of smoke out the back)  that was in my car that i had done else where but the map was locked so the only option to to remap it...it pulls a lot better now with no smoke at all

I thought you had a custom remap by Awesome?
Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 11:24:16 pm »

I thought you had a custom remap by Awesome?
i did last year but as i mentioned..it used to chuck out smoke as it was over fueling..

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:09:38 pm »
the map that was on the ECU was good but had about 4% too much fuel delivery from 2800 rpm onwards, problem solved by removing a little fuel and adding a little boost.

Neil

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:36:48 am »
Hey Maxitrol I`m just wondering how your car`s running, are you still happy with your map?

So far I`ve been happy enough with my standard TDI but figure a little more umph wouldn`t harm and now I`m considering a remap.
I`m not too far from you so I`m guessing PDT would be no more than an hour up the A1 for me. Although I have seen the Shark performance offer that`s running at the mo. There seems to be umpteen so called `tuning` companys out there so I`d rather use someone with VW knowledge and would prefer a proper custom map than something generic though I dont plan to have any other mods at any time so maybe a generic map would sufice, also cost would be a factor too  :smiley:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:57:07 pm »
My car is still running excellent,it still makes me smile when i put my foot down,am well pleased with the map on mine..Know what you mean its a mine field with so many tuners out thier which one to pick and also the cost..If you live close to me i would take you out in mine and see what you think...i have also heard good things bout shark maps as well

Neil

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 01:25:31 pm »
That`s good to hear that you`re happy  :happy2:

When I say close, I`m probably about 20 miles away but many thanks for the offer (iirc you`re in Richmond)

I`ve had alook a PDTs site and see they`ve an excellent offer on for remaps at the mo. That might have just made my mind up  :smiley:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 07:31:51 pm »
Hey Maxitrol I`m just wondering how your car`s running, are you still happy with your map?

So far I`ve been happy enough with my standard TDI but figure a little more umph wouldn`t harm and now I`m considering a remap.
I`m not too far from you so I`m guessing PDT would be no more than an hour up the A1 for me. Although I have seen the Shark performance offer that`s running at the mo. There seems to be umpteen so called `tuning` companys out there so I`d rather use someone with VW knowledge and would prefer a proper custom map than something generic though I dont plan to have any other mods at any time so maybe a generic map would sufice, also cost would be a factor too  :smiley:

have a look on briskoda if your interested n rmapping the TDI.  alot of guys on there have theirs remapped.  id guess most info on it for your engine would be in this thread 
http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/28-skoda-octavia-ii/

Neil

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 09:23:07 am »

have a look on briskoda if your interested n rmapping the TDI.  alot of guys on there have theirs remapped.  id guess most info on it for your engine would be in this thread  
http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/28-skoda-octavia-ii/

Thanks vRSy, just when I thought I`d made my mind up   :smiley:  Yeah plenty of info and advice, I`m lost in it all . . .  :laugh: