Make a donation

Author Topic: Beige Leather on a GTI.  (Read 12371 times)

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Beige Leather on a GTI.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 09:02:18 am »
Mibbe it's an age thing I quite like the beige. I'm 45 :-(

Im 25 and had cream leather in my audi at 20, Maybe im just strange?

Edit, I can see why i am going wrong, I run Bentley wheels on a golf, Definatly old man spec. :signLOL:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:05:19 am by Jaywoo-GTI »

Offline Dandan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 09:09:39 am »
This thread hurt my feelings so bad that I had no other choice but to remove my seats!  :sad1:

How do you like my interior now?  :wink:

Honestly, nothing wrong with people not liking beige leather. It doesn't change the fact that I still love my car and that's all that matters. Now I know this will probably get me flamed but IMO the pattern on GTI cloth seats kinda looks like something in my granny's tablecloth  :rolleye:  :grin:
Best things in life are not things.

Offline Britishlion

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 13
  • I have an eBay business !
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 09:10:59 am »

WTF is on those seats !!!
While your on the the best GTI forum, get your wife to peruse my.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BRIGHTSPARKS-CONSULTANTS-WEB-STORE

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 09:26:19 am »

WTF is on those seats !!!

:signLOL:  :grin: x2. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable perching my bottom on that!!

I personally think beige leather in a golf is a no no  :sick: but in a CLK or something it can look rather nice...  :drool:

Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline oldtrackie

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 04:42:42 pm »

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 04:57:40 pm »
Doesn't bother me one iota that some people hate the beige. Everyone is entitled to their opinion., and it's me the owns and drives it, no one else.

When I first got the Golf it was a couple of months old ex VW Demo car and was pretty much fully loaded. I wasn't sure about the interior at the time, but honest over the last few years I've grown to love it.

I love it that my interior is different from nearly every other Golf I see, which are a swath of dark Grey or black, and it certainly lightens the interior.

Let the flaming re-start  :laugh:

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 05:25:06 pm »
It's not beige, it's senior brown biscuit :grin:

Seriously mate, it looks good as long as it's in a black car. Classy.
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Britishlion

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 13
  • I have an eBay business !
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 05:26:00 pm »
It's not beige, it's senior brown biscuit :grin:

:signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

While your on the the best GTI forum, get your wife to peruse my.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BRIGHTSPARKS-CONSULTANTS-WEB-STORE

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 10:33:18 pm »
I don't mind the beige leather interior on the GTI but I think VW should provide more choice of materials / colours in general.
I'm not sure that the aluminium trim goes quite as well with the beige as it does with black / anthracite. Again, it's a very personal choice. It's great to see some different GTI's with different trims - it makes the model more interesting.
I like the very pale cream / lemon leather colours that BMW offers. A nice cream leather interior with carbon fibre type trim in place of the aluminium, matched with DBP or laser blue paintwork outside   :drool:

But for me, the GTI has some heritage and I preferred the tartan trim which harks suitably back to the MK1. Even if full leather was cheaper than cloth I would go for the tartan as it adds to the charactor of the car. My father in law has an Ed 30 but even with the part leather, I kind of like the cleaner lines of my standard GTI cloth interior (which ironically following my previous commeny) has slightly less tartan on the seat base.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 11:11:01 pm »
It is one of the few things about VW that cheeses me off - not giving decent colour options for the interior. I'm not a lover of Beige biscuit, but at least it is different. Now the options for the extended colours on the leather interiors for Audi are much better and something that should be given to VW purchasers. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2010, 07:20:11 am »

But for me, the GTI has some heritage and I preferred the tartan trim which harks suitably back to the MK1. Even if full leather was cheaper than cloth I would go for the tartan as it adds to the charactor of the car. My father in law has an Ed 30 but even with the part leather, I kind of like the cleaner lines of my standard GTI cloth interior (which ironically following my previous commeny) has slightly less tartan on the seat base.
I'm the opposite here; when I was looking for my GTI it had to have leather. I'm not particularly nostalgic, and find the tartan cloth a bit too retro for my taste shall we say? I find VW cloth a bit odd at times; the Ed 30 was off the list for it's touch of tartan, and I find the Pirelli seats frightening.  :confused:

Before the flamethrowers light off, it's just my personal taste!
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)