Make a donation

Author Topic: VW FOBBING B@**&^^^  (Read 2703 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
VW FOBBING B@**&^^^
« on: July 26, 2010, 05:57:18 pm »
took my car in to be looked at with 2 faults, first being he rear wiper motor has a mind of its own, when i start the car the motor will come on and wont stop wiping till i turn the car off.

2nd the high visibility brake light no longer works.

They have had the car since 9am,

i get a call at 5:45

"the rear wiper didnt do it when we started the car so thats fixed"

"the brake light needs body shop attention so you would need to speak to them as the spoiler needs replacing"

So you have had the car all day and your telling me that your doing nothing about both the problems??? I wouldnt have given you the car if there was no problem, i dont enjoy driving a FOX!!!!

I said that i want both issues sorting before i come get the car. She said she will keep it till the morning and see if it does it then.

I would have thought that would have been obvious?!?

I have no idea what she meant about speaking the the body shop? is she suggesting that i should pay to have the brake light replaced? its not my fault you have to replace the spoiler to fix the problem!
 :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
Re: VW FOBBING B@**&^^^
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:20:31 pm »
Wiper fault is a common one and needs the motor replacing.

Brake light fault is also common but can be fixed without taking the spoiler off, despite what VW say

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=121067.0

:happy2:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Nasir

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 06:23:07 pm »
Idiots, I'm guessing they don't have a bodyshop but have a 'partner' who they want you to call.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 06:26:25 pm »
It still needs doing, they cant say to me we cant do it under warranty because it would involve us removing and replacing the spoiler???  :stupid: :stupid:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 10:25:46 pm »
Its just a familiar story with you Ed. They took one look at you same as you missus, and said " right we are going to walk all over this puss.  :laugh:

On a serious note, they always just get the car in first to check the faults, they had my car for a day to confirm that my ipod was indeed not working.  :laugh:

Both of them need doing under warranty just dont let them fob you off, the spoiler off job is a biggy which includes, possible mis-alignment and a respray.  :sick:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 11:50:33 pm »
Its just a familiar story with you Ed. They took one look at you same as you missus, and said " right we are going to walk all over this puss.  :laugh:

On a serious note, they always just get the car in first to check the faults, they had my car for a day to confirm that my ipod was indeed not working.  :laugh:

Both of them need doing under warranty just dont let them fob you off, the spoiler off job is a biggy which includes, possible mis-alignment and a respray.  :sick:

i always look forward to your input!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 11:54:30 pm »
Somebodys in a good mood! What's wrong edd? You not gettin any  :popcornsoda:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 12:11:18 am »
Somebodys in a good mood! What's wrong edd? You not gettin any  :popcornsoda:

:signLOL: you can have that one as i did make reference to your car looking like a green vectra earlier

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 10:42:01 am »
i cant even begin to explain the crappyness of vw preston.

So they couldnt get the car to display the fault untill this morning, they just caled me to tell me it is a warranty job and they will get the part tomorrow and fit it, and they kindly said i can keep the fox  :stupid:

anyway i asked about the high vis brake light again as it was a different person that called me and he said it is covered under warranty i need to take it to another vw dealership to have it fixed, i need to contact them?

So rang vw blackburn who laughed when i told them the problem and he said they have fobbed this job off to them because there is a high risk the car will be scratched. He then told me i need to call back later once he has contacted vw preston and he has got the part then i book it in. Then i will need to get a curtsey from them not vw preston.

To me the whole process is messed up, i should be able to go to any dealer hand my car in with a fault and then not worry about it till its fixed, not mess about calling other vw dealers!

But atleast both items are covered and by this time next year it should all be sorted