Make a donation

Author Topic: Nitrous is starting to perform-Update for 1/4 mile!  (Read 9516 times)

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Nitrous is starting to perform!
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 01:13:25 am »
The NOS is amazing, I can feel the accelleration of the car under the turbo and just when I think that's fast, the nitrous kicks in and I can literally hear myself laughing out loud. I've been in a few Porsche turbo's and believe me when I say the NOS makes it faster. 40mph upwards is basically scaring me and I HAVE to hold on to the wheel as it pushes you backwards so hard it is difficult to describe in words. :driver:

I reckon you should be BANNED from this forum for your own good and that of all the forum membership  :grin: :grin: :grin:  Your description reminds me of the scenes in Fast and Furious when the 'NOS magic button' is pressed and everything becomes a blur  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:  I'm having bad thoughts now  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline poko

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 10:33:29 am »
Hi Hurdy ,
how does your AFR looks like with a 100hp shot ?
are you running stock or rs4 injectors ?

i would have jumped on this mod.
would be nice to run apr stage 4 + NOS
too bad NOS is an illegal metrial in israel.

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 03:20:00 pm »
The NOS is amazing, I can feel the accelleration of the car under the turbo and just when I think that's fast, the nitrous kicks in and I can literally hear myself laughing out loud. I've been in a few Porsche turbo's and believe me when I say the NOS makes it faster. 40mph upwards is basically scaring me and I HAVE to hold on to the wheel as it pushes you backwards so hard it is difficult to describe in words. :driver:

I reckon you should be BANNED from this forum for your own good and that of all the forum membership  :grin: :grin: :grin:  Your description reminds me of the scenes in Fast and Furious when the 'NOS magic button' is pressed and everything becomes a blur  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:  I'm having bad thoughts now  :laugh: :laugh:

Now you come to think of it, that is probably how it feels too :evilgrin:

You know you want to Nadeem :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 03:27:19 pm »
Hi Hurdy ,
how does your AFR looks like with a 100hp shot ?
are you running stock or rs4 injectors ?

i would have jumped on this mod.
would be nice to run apr stage 4 + NOS
too bad NOS is an illegal metrial in israel.

Hi Poko,

I need to do a few logs this weekend with AFR and EGR blocks. I can't see much being wrong with the AFR as the correct ratio nozzles are being used and at the correct pressures. I'm sure there will be a proper Boyle's equation somewhere to calculate it out :laugh:

I'm running stock injectors as the NOS has a separate fuel feed to the ECU system.

I'm sure the UK will get around to banning it in a car at some point too  :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Offline FamilyDub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • ...who needs a diesel?
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »
Where is this 'private driveway' you do all these runs on...?  :innocent:  Can I have a go...?

Sounds f00kin awesome so far, and I'd love to see the look on a supercar owner's face when the silver 5-dr Golf tears up the strip way faster than him...
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr, Family-Spec | 17" w/anthracite Finish | Manual | Highline | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 04:19:31 pm »
Are you using a direct port setup hurdy? If not where about have you located the jet to get even distrubution,
Only reason i ask is i have a single jet progressive system.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 05:23:19 pm »
The jet is located just before the intake manifold :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
Re: Nitrous is starting to perform-Update for 1/4 mile!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 11:55:19 am »
Update...

Had to go a little further afield to a longer,flatter, straighter strip of tarmac to get a qtr mile time up. Only had 3 attempts, and the 2nd one was the best. Trevor phoned me and told me off about not using the nitrous in 1st gear and gave me a few setting ideas to use nitrous off the line instead of revving the engine and using the turbo - definitely worked and is more stable a run off the line.

Increments to 100mph.

next increments

This gave a best of...

Resulting in...
Golf R gone.