Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone 3GS Battery  (Read 1275 times)

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
iPhone 3GS Battery
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:31:00 pm »
Hi Guys

How long does your battery last?  Got a 6 month old 3GS off eBay over the weekend and I could virtually watch the battery percentage count down.  I let it run down completely and switch off while working last night then charged while asleep today.  The guy who sold it said he hardly used it so I'm guessing the discharge/charge cycle hasn't been done, so hopefully that will help.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the multi tasking.  Just checked my installed apps and quite a lot of them have not been updated/tested for iOS4.  I'm tempted to remove these apps from the phone and see how the battery is then.  The other thing I thought about doing was a restore/reinstall as I had to install iOS4 on the phone when I got it and I had no end of problems and a lot of hassle with iTunes and the iPhone so perhaps the install didn't quite work.  Hmmm....

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: iPhone 3GS Battery
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 04:39:21 pm »
Is your Bluetooth turned on? 

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 04:39:42 pm »
does it last over a day?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »
With fairly moderate use mine would easily last a full day.

iPhone 4 isn't much better!  :fighting:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:51:24 pm »

You serious?

My 3gs would reach 7pm at 10% with screen brightness at 30%.  My 4 is still at 45% around 7pm at 100% screen brightness.  I can't believe the difference  :happy2:

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 04:55:08 pm »
Quick replies!

Bluetooth, location services and push email are all off but only once I was at work and noticed how much the battery had dropped.

I'm not sure if it lasts a day yet as haven't had it long enough disconnected from my pc!  From around 10.30am this morning I uplugged it so I'll find out soon enough.  The discharge/charge cycle does appear to have helped as it's not dropping as much as yesterday.

It's probably me just being paranoid as I've got a battery percentage to keep looking at where as my 3G didn't have!

Thanks

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 05:11:40 pm »

You serious?

My 3gs would reach 7pm at 10% with screen brightness at 30%.  My 4 is still at 45% around 7pm at 100% screen brightness.  I can't believe the difference  :happy2:

Yes............ :chicken:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 06:02:18 pm »
Ios4 is causing quite a few 3G and 3GS battery drain usage, my iPhone 4 is much better but i have to charge it at bedtime to get a full next day use out of it.  If you look at usage in the settings general tab, it should give you a feel for whether yours is not up to the job. Download the battery doctor app maybe for some tips and a monitor of your full charge cycle going forward?