Make a donation

Author Topic: Would these wheels fit?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Would these wheels fit?
« on: November 11, 2010, 08:05:17 am »
Hi,

I've done a search but am even more confused now :ashamed:, would these fit a MK5 Golf?

Will be lowered (not sure by how much yet tho) would i have any problems with these wheels?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280585500655&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:25:05 am by Syrag64 »
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: Would these wheels fit?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 08:07:02 am »
Says listing removed when the link is clicked on  :confused:

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 08:25:22 am »
Says listing removed when the link is clicked on  :confused:

Should work now  :laugh:
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 08:29:30 am »
Tyre sizes are wrong on those for the golf, possibly be OK but i would want what VW puts on

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:32:24 am »
Yep, working now.

PCD 5 x 112 18 x 8J ET 42, are exactly the same fitment type as I've been running for the last 4 years. Perfect fit and will fill the arches up nicely. They do stick out further than OEM, but are still well within the arches and look good. The OEM fitment for the 18" alloys, normally use 7.5" wide fitment so the outside edge of the wheel is usually quite a way inboard of the arch leaving quite a big gap. The 8J fitment just fills this gap nicely, however should be running 225/40/18 Tyres, not the ones in the ad.

You may have a minor issue with slight rubbing on the fronts, but this is a 5 minutes job to remove the upper wheel arch liner screw and fold the wheel arch liner inside the wing retainer bracket.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:34:23 am by Norbreck21a »

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline chrishalfpenny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 08:34:52 am »
They should fit but 215 on a 8j wheel means the Tyres are streched I think. And if this is the case I wouldn't want to drive the car hard, but you may not use the car in that way anyway.

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 09:26:05 am »
Yep, working now.

PCD 5 x 112 18 x 8J ET 42, are exactly the same fitment type as I've been running for the last 4 years. Perfect fit and will fill the arches up nicely. They do stick out further than OEM, but are still well within the arches and look good. The OEM fitment for the 18" alloys, normally use 7.5" wide fitment so the outside edge of the wheel is usually quite a way inboard of the arch leaving quite a big gap. The 8J fitment just fills this gap nicely, however should be running 225/40/18 Tyres, not the ones in the ad.

You may have a minor issue with slight rubbing on the fronts, but this is a 5 minutes job to remove the upper wheel arch liner screw and fold the wheel arch liner inside the wing retainer bracket.

Thats what I was hoping for!!!   Shamwe about the tyre size tho   :surprised: