Make a donation

Author Topic: Rolling roads.  (Read 1833 times)

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
Rolling roads.
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:05:29 pm »
Has anyone got any recommendations for one of these in and around Bristol or the South West. I know JKM's in portsmouth and people have rated them for lots of things, but wandered if there's anybody closer. Thanks.

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Rolling roads.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:08:05 pm »
What do you want doing? if its a power test then call this number: 01483 600 208  you will speak to Mike from DynoDynamics who will tell you where to get an accurate dyno test in your area.  :happy2:

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:12:49 pm »
What do you want doing? if its a power test then call this number: 01483 600 208  you will speak to Mike from DynoDynamics who will tell you where to get an accurate dyno test in your area.  :happy2:

To be honest not really sure. Kinda new to all this mucking about with cars. Just want to know what the cars actually putting out in basic form as intention is to start tinkering. What else can you do with a rolling road?

Thanks for the number though :happy2:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 07:33:35 pm »
rolling roads have hundreds of uses from a simple diagnostic tool to test for missfires etc...  or an essential tuning tool for professional ECU calibration or remapping.

Some read lower figures than others, some read higher, they all use different calibration methods but if you find a good rolling road tuning centre you wont go far wrong if you use the same centre to test before and after modifications to see the power gain (or loss)

A tuner that has invested in the right tools i.e a professional dyno will probably have invested in real training and be proficient and passionate about what they do, after all they have spent tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds on premises, dyno, staff etc.... you dont get this from a mobile tuner with a van and a laptop so choose your tuner carefully.

The number I posted is for Mike at DD (dyno dynamics) if you get your car tested on one DD then it wont be much different on any other DD in the country as they are all calibrated to the exact same tolerances and use the same calibration methods and systems.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 08:59:55 pm »
the best advice would be is to find a good place with a good dyno(dyno dynamics are highly regarded)  then make sure you use the same dyno for all future runs, after mods, that way you will see your gains more accurately

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 04:59:29 pm »
If you find a good place in the Bristol area let me know, i want to get mine on a rolling road. I think Castle Combe has one and its pretty good!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 05:26:12 pm »
i have used the dyno dynamics rollers at alan jeffreys in plymouth.  that guy knows his eggs, and normally has quite a few 600Hp+ cars around his garage for you to look at whilst you wait as well