Make a donation

Author Topic: Car Park Fines  (Read 7462 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: Car Park Fines
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »
Friend of our's got clamped the other week (along with all the other cars parked)for parking on some land they had always used for years & the removal fee ...............120.00 quid!!!!!robbing barstewardss. One of those ''private'' companys had taken over & ''yes'' there were signs but as usual not easily spoted.
Everyone went mad & police turned up but there was nothing they could do.

Get an angle grinder and cut it off, they'll soon remove it once you get that out. Im pretty sure your well within your rights to do so aswell and the look on their faces would be a picture.
Plus it would probably have been cheaper to go and hire one than pay the fine :signLOL:

Just watch the wheels :scared:

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 04:33:38 pm »
Thanks for the replies folks, the wife on reading the replies has calmed down and agrees to ignore them now.
You should see the letter its almost a bad photo copy, companys from down south-chorley.

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:36 pm »
Friend of our's got clamped the other week (along with all the other cars parked)for parking on some land they had always used for years & the removal fee ...............120.00 quid!!!!!robbing barstewardss. One of those ''private'' companys had taken over & ''yes'' there were signs but as usual not easily spoted.

Get an angle grinder and cut it off, they'll soon remove it once you get that out. Im pretty sure your well within your rights to do so aswell and the look on their faces would be a picture.
Plus it would probably have been cheaper to go and hire one than pay the fine :signLOL:

Er, no. You can't angle grind the lock or clamp off without being open to a charge of criminal damage. Nor can you cut off the padlock, then leave a brand new lock & key without opening up the same possibility.

If it were me, however, I'd cut the lock off, and tell them if they don't like it they can *%&%£$%^* sue me :evilgrin:
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 07:48:13 pm »

Er, no. You can't angle grind the lock or clamp off without being open to a charge of criminal damage. Nor can you cut off the padlock, then leave a brand new lock & key without opening up the same possibility.

If it were me, however, I'd cut the lock off, and tell them if they don't like it they can *%&%£$%^* sue me :evilgrin:

Mate of mine cut his clamp off on private land and took the clamp with him for good measure, never heard anything and that was almost 2 years ago! would not recommend it though!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 09:30:29 pm »
^^^^
If able to remove the clamp, taking it away with you would definitely be a good move  :happy2: - Destroy as much evidence as possible.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 10:54:06 am »

Just watch the wheels :scared:.........thats what i would have done,gone to the local hire shop. :grin:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

gaz b

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04:36 am »
Is it the Focus in Bathgate Keith?

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 11:42:25 am »

Funny you should say that, I have one from parking there....parking eye it's called. Had a letter from Css debt collection a couple of weeks ago asking for £110. I'm just ignoring it.... Infact I'll wipe my ar*se with it and post it back to them the robbing t**ts! My mate round the corner owns a chippy and parks there all the time, he must have about 20 of the fines in his house it's crazy! He's ignored All of then and nothing has Been done  :happy2:

Max

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 11:48:55 am »
^^^^
CSS are a well known debt collector. I've had dealings with them in the past and challenged them (not over parking fines) - They often have no idea what they are claiming for - It's just a debt they've taken on: Just another number. You can safely ignore them in my experience.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

gaz b

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 11:50:13 am »

Funny you should say that, I have one from parking there....parking eye it's called. Had a letter from Css debt collection a couple of weeks ago asking for £110. I'm just ignoring it.... Infact I'll wipe my ar*se with it and post it back to them the robbing t**ts! My mate round the corner owns a chippy and parks there all the time, he must have about 20 of the fines in his house it's crazy! He's ignored All of then and nothing has Been done  :happy2:

Max

Valentes? Great chippy! :happy2:

You see the wee old parking wardens there all the time. I just assumed that they enforced the tickets! :party:

I have always been weary of parking there when I have been getting the train.

Offline M7AXB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 06:52:13 pm »

Valentes? Great chippy! :happy2:

You see the wee old parking wardens there all the time. I just assumed that they enforced the tickets! :party:

I have always been weary of parking there when I have been getting the train.

aye that's his dads one he owns Tonys across the road, pizzas are brilliant :party:

Aye I've seen them before - lurking about on their mopeds lol, think they are run by the coucil though, it's the cameras on the side on the building when entering the car park that nab you! 

Do you stay in Bathgate? I'm sure I've seen a red gti 08 plate parked at the car park next to the ratt night club a few times during the day, is that you mate?

Max

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 11:24:13 pm »

Aye thats the one :happy2:

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 04:45:57 pm »
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 07:34:52 pm »
^^^^
The Qatari Royal Family are going to feel very disrespected by those clampings. Welcome to the UK! :sad1:

It's sacrilege to clamp such beautiful automotive art anyway.