Make a donation

Author Topic: Keep the Bluefin or go for Revo?  (Read 24252 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Keep the Bluefin or go for Revo?
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 02:49:14 pm »

Yes theres nothing wrong with the driveability, it just dawdles about  until you plant your foot, and then it just takes off, with the traction control light flashing and the wheels spinning :grin:

....Which means that either you can't drive properly because you don't know how to control your right foot to progressively modulate the throttle, or that power and traction is lost and wasted in wheelspin due to the map  :stupid:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 03:18:56 pm »

Yes theres nothing wrong with the driveability, it just dawdles about  until you plant your foot, and then it just takes off, with the traction control light flashing and the wheels spinning :grin:

....Which means that either you can't drive properly because you don't know how to control your right foot to progressively modulate the throttle, or that power and traction is lost and wasted in wheelspin due to the map  :stupid:
:congrats:
no arbs, no WALK kit, rubbish tyres, OEM suspension and engine mounts etc, it i also depends which footwear I have on, my steel toe cap workboots are very heavy,  :signLOL:
Theres nothing the matter with the map, its quite a progressive map, unlike Revo maps, which just are notably more aggressive, and come in with heaps of torque lower down the rev range to most maps :stupid:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2010, 11:44:08 am »
As I'm still pretty much undecided, I think I might just put the remap idea on hold for now... and think about getting a Milltek sorted first...    :grin:

Now the dilemma of getting res or non res...   :laugh:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2010, 12:19:44 pm »
I'm going to go for a blueflame...post on the other section made my mind up!

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2010, 05:04:32 pm »
Lol, that's a good choice too! I'm going to go for Milltek though I think...
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Saint Steve

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2010, 08:18:54 pm »
I know that blueflame is loud, but a non res milly sounds just as good if driving through a tunnel .

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:10 pm »
ahhhh man this is how im stuck between exhaust's specialy after hearing neo's apr 1

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2010, 09:37:25 pm »
Yep, I would have gone for a milltek again, but blueflame full systems go for £810 with p&p. big difference to over £1100 and £1400 for apr.......................

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:21 am »
I know that blueflame is loud, but a non res milly sounds just as good if driving through a tunnel .

I want an exhaust thats sounds nice without being overly loud, that wouldn't be very lady-like would it, lol!  :smiley:

Saint Steve

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2010, 09:03:43 am »
I di

I want an exhaust thats sounds nice without being overly loud, that wouldn't be very lady-like would it, lol!  :smiley:
I got a very odd look from the wife when I went through a long tunnel on the m4 just outside of Newport on the way here, windows went down on all 4 doors to have a good listen  :signLOL: :ashamed:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2010, 09:28:41 am »

I got a very odd look from the wife when I went through a long tunnel on the m4 just outside of Newport on the way here, windows went down on all 4 doors to have a good listen  :signLOL: :ashamed:

....Having met your lovely wife, I can imagine the look on her face but there will have also been a hint of a grin of amusement about you... Thinking what a little boy you still are. Long may you stay so!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33:30 am »
I'm going to go for a blueflame...post on the other section made my mind up!

glad i could help  :happy2: and the exhaust is only that loud when booting it  :driver:  as it just gurgles and pops in the background most of the time  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:35 am »

I want an exhaust thats sounds nice without being overly loud, that wouldn't be very lady-like would it, lol!  :smiley:

....Because ladies don't ever fart?  :evilgrin: [so they insist on telling me]

Your stated want does strongly suggest a Milltek. If you had posted you liked louder zorsts I would have suggested either Blueflame or APR (slightly harsher). Millteks are defined by a more sophisticated (you better put on your black dress and jewellery) sound. Check out our saintly fwend Steve's Milly. Sound is all very subjective and we each hear things slightly differently - It's just our brain focussing on details.

EDIT:
I'm not suggesting that the Blueflame is too loud but that, as Mat says, it generally gurgles and pops more than a Milly. Ladies don't belch either [though I've known a beauty who did]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:39:40 am by RedRobin »

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2010, 09:51:03 am »
I'd just heard that Millteks are boomy on the mk5s thats all. My last car droned at 70-80mph with a resonated milltek, and it drove me up the wall, couldnt even have a conversation in the car at that speed. It was fitted at the milltek factory aswell, so wasnt down to poor fitment,  Revolution in newcastle had made that much of a mess at fitting it, they had to put a new exhaust on for me, good customer care though :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2010, 01:35:39 pm »

I'd just heard that Millteks are boomy on the mk5s thats all. My last car droned at 70-80mph with a resonated milltek, and it drove me up the wall, couldnt even have a conversation in the car at that speed. It was fitted at the milltek factory aswell, so wasnt down to poor fitment,  Revolution in newcastle had made that much of a mess at fitting it, they had to put a new exhaust on for me, good customer care though :happy2:

....AFAIK Milltek have solved these earlier problems. I've had various Milltek systems (testing) on my Mk5 GTI and they have got better and better.

Yep, Keith at Revolution (Gateshead) is excellent at customer service and aftercare :happy2: