Make a donation

Author Topic: Miglior Detailing Ltd: Matt Black Beast - Greeners aka Nathan's Car!  (Read 18070 times)

Saint Steve

Re: Miglior Detailing Ltd: Matt Black Beast - Greeners aka Nathan's Car!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »
Be interested to see who long it lasts, and how long you'd need to recoat it, as with putting wax on vinyl, will it go pastie in colour after the suns been on it?.

As this is a new experiment as it were. Fingers crossed for a long lasting result.

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 07:54:23 pm »
Be interested to see who long it lasts, and how long you'd need to recoat it, as with putting wax on vinyl, will it go pastie in colour after the suns been on it?.

As this is a new experiment as it were. Fingers crossed for a long lasting result.

Well, i say its experimental, to the extent that not many have used this on a full car yet in this country.

The wax is far from from a rough product in early development. Its been manufactured for Lamborghini for their matt paint on the LP 670 - SV. Swissvax dont make products to compete with another product, they normally only release a product if a manufacturer approaches them with a problem. They are in and out of rolls royce a lot on the production lines for example to help with their paint finishes.

By no means is this something thats in its infancy. Also, with the larger surface area being matt, i would expect this to last a bit longer than wax on a smooth painted surface.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 10:25:23 pm »
i just luuuuuurve this car.
and the result is just incredible.
love the new wheels and altho surprised about the red strip going.it looks mean as fook :congrats:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »
love the new wheels and altho surprised about the red strip going.it looks mean as fook :congrats:
matsu

Cheers matey!  :happy2:

I've ran the red front splitter for over three years now so fancied a change. Plus it's been copied a lot!  :P :grin: :wink:

Thanks to everyone else for there positive comments!  :happy2: It was a big decision to go this route but I'm finally pleased with it thanks to Jay so hopefully it will be here to stay!

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »
matsu

I've ran the red front splitter for over three years now so fancied a change. Plus it's been copied a lot!  :P :grin: :wink:

Thanks to everyone else for there positive comments!  :happy2: It was a big decision to go this route but I'm finally pleased with it thanks to Jay so hopefully it will be here to stay!

Nice... :happy2:  9 hours... :chicken:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 08:52:24 am »
]

[/quote]

touche' :congrats:
i gotta stop spending time on here..... costs me a bloody fortune... everytime i think thats what i want , i see something even nicer.
but your car is a stunner mate in whatever outfit you put her in.
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline gazjones

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Design portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 12:50:54 pm »
Great write up! I really want to book mine in early next year - great to see the standard of work is high  :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 09:10:45 pm »
That looks absolutely stunning!

Greeners, have you a thread in members rides/projects to take a look at?

J

I have but it's well out of date!  :ashamed:

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 09:41:55 pm »
Greeners where did you get the wrap done looks Awesome  :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 09:58:58 am »
Greeners where did you get the wrap done looks Awesome  :happy2:

Thanks chap, was done by Chameleon Graphics in Daventry.  :happy2:

Offline bennibGTI07

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:32 pm »
Greeners Kudos on the car,

This is the whole reason i bought myself a Golf again after seeing your pictures on the internet, Didnt know this was yours. I am in love with this car and was basing my buy on this which i feel slightly daft doing so now.Il have to alter some how. But i love the Matt Black effect just looks amazing. I know its a little on now. But how did the Wrap/Wax hold up?

2nd Kudos to Miglior too unbelivable the amount of work and attention to detail you put into it. Id make the journey from bristol in a flash once mines done to get the finish you guys provided.
One way to Fly, In a Golf GTi

Offline Andymc7

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
I love the look of this car, great finish and the matt wax could give a few more people the push over to matt finish cars!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 01:50:14 pm »
Wow thread revival!  :laugh: Thanks Benni!  :happy2:

My only advice to anyone thinking of having a Matte finish wrap is................

DO NOT DO IT!!!  :grin:

Yes it looks great, but if you want to use the car out on the open roads it will drive you mad!! And don't even get me started about parking the car up at a show!!  :fighting:

PS, the wax itself is awesome stuff and it carried on beading right up to the point I stripped the wrap off to sell the car. In fact we used the same wax recently on a Shelby GT500 and its doing wonders on that too!

Offline bennibGTI07

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 02:14:41 pm »
Wow thread revival!  :laugh: Thanks Benni!  :happy2:

My only advice to anyone thinking of having a Matte finish wrap is................

DO NOT DO IT!!!  :grin:

Yes it looks great, but if you want to use the car out on the open roads it will drive you mad!! And don't even get me started about parking the car up at a show!!  :fighting:

PS, the wax itself is awesome stuff and it carried on beading right up to the point I stripped the wrap off to sell the car. In fact we used the same wax recently on a Shelby GT500 and its doing wonders on that too!

Bringing back from the dead.

No problem was chatting to someone about wanting Matt Black on mine and they pointed me towards you. So after trawling through old threads i found it  :pomppomp:

Looks awsome, i dont think you telling me not to do it can put me off although this is my "day" car.

Defiantly 2 minds now tho................
One way to Fly, In a Golf GTi