Make a donation

Author Topic: Police, Camera, Action - New Series ITV1 in 10 mins  (Read 8424 times)

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Police, Camera, Action - New Series ITV1 in 10 mins
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 09:39:03 pm »
The Welsh dancer is clearly a man of taste if that's the case!

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 09:44:41 pm »
I think it was the gt sport. Quickly spied the alloys  :grin:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 09:47:13 pm »
I think it was the gt sport. Quickly spied the alloys  :grin:
The alloys looked remarkably like Monzas to me? :confused:

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 09:59:06 pm »
could be wrong then  :ashamed:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 10:00:28 pm »
could be wrong then  :ashamed:
I wouldnt worry! :happy2:

Offline keano

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 10:08:20 pm »
could be wrong  :grin: :wink:

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 11:12:20 pm »
I watched this tonight and to be fair it did hit home... Im 22 and dont get me wrong im not the best driver in the world far from it but even i know that some of the footage they showed of speeding was just stupid! I mean there was videos of people running red lights, doing double the limit in residetial areas, stop signs ect thats no comparrison to doing the odd 80-85 on the motorway? Is it? I personaly dont think there is much harm in driving at 80-85 on the motorway if its done in a safe manner? But undertaking ect yeh thats unsafe! As they say, i just think they got it all wrong and were kinda showing the wrong footage and made it sound like they were trying to tell you how to suck eggs? And the braking test... They were in the rain in basic cars with a trained police driver and average guy? Is that not abit of a rubbish way to show you doin 8mph over the limt can be fatal?

The story of the family and there little girl i realy felt for them and that child it was awful but the young lad driving he was asking for trouble!! 70 odd in a 30?!!! He should be shot for what hes done!!

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 11:36:13 pm »
I agree Mitch.  I think the programme makers have to make it fairly dramatic and show extreme examples of bad driving to get the message across.  Clearly this is what it takes to get it to sink into the likes of the lad with the DB9 who I think wins Outrageous Quote of the Show award for his "Touch wood, I've not killed anyone yet" remark. 

I sometimes have the misfortune of working on some telecomms street furniture on the verge right next to the spot where Cerys' family had the accident with the kid in the Range Rover in Sutton Coldfield and people still tank it down there at way over the speed limit.  It's a narrow verge and if I forget where I am and take one step back I'm likely to get taken out by someone speeding. 

I'd like to see us maybe adopt a variable upper speed limit on motorways like they do on the continent where it drops in adverse weather and maybe in other circumstances I don't know of. 

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 12:13:48 am »
And also i just looked back at the bit where they pull the guy doing 90 on the m11, he goes on then says about his best friend bein killed, not very nice not nice atall but when i heard the guy was doing 80 around a roundabout?! Then the presenter compaired that to 80 on the motorway??? Whats that about lol? How can u link that and expect a message to come accross! Was a good program but not very well thought out

Mitch

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 07:06:12 am »
A fair bit was pitched badly, I think. But I find that's just how ITV do it. But the stopping message about braking was very well done.

And the braking test... They were in the rain in basic cars with a trained police driver and average guy? Is that not abit of a rubbish way to show you doin 8mph over the limt can be fatal?

Actually, as they both had to brake at a preset point, in identical cars with ABS, in identical conditions, there should be no difference in what a copper and a presenter can do.

If we do the maths, considering that the retardation of speed is following an exponential curve, here's a shocker of an example. If two vehicles travelling side by side at the instant they brake (just like the example on the programme) both see a hazard in the road ahead at the same time, and brake at the same time, but 1 vehicle is travelling at 70mph and the other at 100mph....

If the vehicle travelling at 70mph when it brakes stops within 1 metre of the hazard, what speed will the second vehicle (travelling at 100mph before braking) be doing when it hits the hazard. It's a surprising and shocking answer.

It will hit the hazard still travelling at 70mph.

That's why drivers travelling at 100mph plus on m ways generally go to court, rather than get a conditional offer of a fixed penalty.

Now I'm no anti speed zealot like David Brunstrom, but it's food for thought. Speed doesn't kill. But innappropriate speed for the road & conditions certainly can. I'm sure this post will provoke some debate (Braces for flaming).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:10:07 am by LouCyffer »
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 11:12:52 am »
Well said Loucyffer.

I watched about ten minutes of PCA and couldn't watch the rest. I cannot abide imbeciles like they were showing - one wazzock in the Aston saying he'd done 120 or so in a 30mph zone and the stupid fat woman who said that anyone overtaking her was a "challenge". Bet she doesn't give way to anyone either.

It seems like they'd collected up the worst offenders they could find; and what was common about all of them? They're all terminally stupid.

Essentially, these people are like lobsters. Large body-to-brain ratio. They don't think, they just act idiotically. They should lobotomised and prevented from driving. Prevented from reproducing too. They give us enthusiasts, who do drive (generally speaking) safely and according to the conditions and actually think about what we do in advance, a bad name.

Perhaps as part of the driving test they need to introduce an aptitude or IQ test?

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 12:13:08 pm »
Damn right. These mouth breathing bottom feeders could be driving down the same road my wife and baby son are trying to cross. Morons like this need to learn that driving is a privilege not a right
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 12:38:58 pm »
i wonder where they do find the bottom feeders people who appear on this show, i'm not a great fan of the new format

knowing the road in sutton where cerys had her accident hit home, hope when i'm a parent i am never faced with such a decision

Offline Tara

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • If it doesnt break...your not going hard enough!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 12:40:13 pm »
Ah i watched this last night, so sad about that little girl :( makes you think about your speed a bit more!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 09:30:58 pm »
I blame ITV for bringing these 'bottom feeders' into view! Typical overdramitised moronic ITV garbage if you ask me! I avoid ITV at all costs as they make/show programmes for the lowest common denominator! Trash gutter TV at it's best and I for one want be tuning into this crap next week.

Yes the story of Cerys is tragic and as a father of two girls this really did bring a lump to my throat, but the rest of it is just cheap footage taken from the states and repeats of incidents that have been shown 100 times over! Shockingly bad television IMO.