Make a donation

Author Topic: New Audi A7 Sportback  (Read 5531 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
New Audi A7 Sportback
« on: July 29, 2010, 11:49:06 pm »

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Re: New Audi A7 Sportback
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:57:09 am »
very Merc CLS style

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:49:28 am »
very Merc CLS style

Exactly what I thought, rear side view. Back end looks like a Citroen.

A5 Sportback all day long over that.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:06:10 am »
Anyone else remember when Audi made around 3 models only!  :rolleye:

Surely with new car sales down all these niche products are going to reduce profit with higher development costs and less sales?

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:14:26 am »
Looks like a shrunk down panamera....     :sick:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:39:38 am »
Audi are rolling out their 'Sportback' concept to a lot of their range. As a 4-door this new car is extremely elegant. From what I've read, this car is loaded with features though many are extra options. Things like the driver not having to use the steering wheel while parking and auto engine switch offs/ons when stationery etc. I must say I find such technologies very uninvolving and potentially dangerous if it encourages drivers to switch off their minds. The Sports Diff though (as the current S4 can be supplied with) is a great piece of kit and brings a bit of life back into the dull feel of quattro.

Superbly engineered and built as they undoubtedly are, I'm bored with how so many Audi's all look the same but I suppose that's image reinforcement.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:43:07 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 08:45:46 am »
I like the idea of the intelligent Satnav.

Quote from: Audi
Navigation based vehicle assistance

Wouldn’t it make sense if your car knew the road you were driving on and adjusted its setup accordingly?

Imagine if the suspension could improve the aerodynamics of the car by lowering itself when on a motorway or ensure the gearbox was in the correct gear for a corner so it didn’t have to change down mid-bend. Maybe it could even switch on the corner lights to better illuminate a crossroads. Well the A7 Sportback can.

Welcome to the New Audi A7 Sportback’s Navigation based vehicle assistant.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 08:46:37 am »
Another boring Audi, in a dizzyingly confusing range.

I don't think any serious thought has gone into this car, just another way to use one of their chassis.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 09:09:35 am »

Wouldn’t it make sense if your car knew the road you were driving on and adjusted its setup accordingly?

Imagine if the suspension could improve the aerodynamics of the car by lowering itself when on a motorway or ensure the gearbox was in the correct gear for a corner so it didn’t have to change down mid-bend. Maybe it could even switch on the corner lights to better illuminate a crossroads. Well the A7 Sportback can.

....Oh dear! "ensure the gearbox was in the correct gear for a corner so it didn’t have to change down mid-bend" - What happened to the art of driving in which the driver correctly selects the appropriate gear? Whatever next!? A car which you programme to take you to your destination while you sit back and read a newspaper? How numbingly boring!

Suddenly the only cars of interest bearing the Audi 4-rings also sport a RS badge.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 09:22:37 am »
I think you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between that and an A5 sportback, all your getting is a longer wheel base and a bit more room and gadgets.

AS said above A5 sportback anyday, has a bigger boot than the A4, looks better than the A5 coupe, and can fit 4, 6 footers in comfortably!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 09:26:01 am »

....Oh dear! "ensure the gearbox was in the correct gear for a corner so it didn’t have to change down mid-bend" - What happened to the art of driving in which the driver correctly selects the appropriate gear? Whatever next!? A car which you programme to take you to your destination while you sit back and read a newspaper? How numbingly boring!

Suddenly the only cars of interest bearing the Audi 4-rings also sport a RS badge.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Im sure with a car like that Robin you would still be able to drive it manually in a DSG style manual way

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 09:26:42 am »
I think you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between that and an A5 sportback, all your getting is a longer wheel base and a bit more room and gadgets.

Exactly, and how on earth is the next generation A6 going to fit between them, presuming they will make one?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 10:31:02 am »
In contrast, I absolutely love BMW's take on the CLS.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/04/23/the-bmw-gran-coupe-concept/

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 10:41:59 am »
I'm bored with how so many Audi's all look the same but I suppose that's image reinforcement.

Hmm

Polo

Golf

Jetta

Scirocco

Passat

Tiguan

Touareg

I don't get it Robin, I'm just not seeing the likeness  :evilgrin: :fighting:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 10:47:24 am »
You forgot the transporter

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.