Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone want an iPhone 4 32gb ??  (Read 2219 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Anyone want an iPhone 4 32gb ??
« on: July 30, 2010, 12:20:35 pm »
I've just received an email from the store to say the one I reserved last week is ready for collection in Southampton.      :sad:

Bit of a bummer as the one I ordered online is somewhere in transit with an expected delivery of 9th August!!  It's too late for me to cancel now.

If someone is looking for one then you are welcome to take my reservation.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: Anyone want an iPhone 4 32gb ??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:22:05 pm »
Can you not ring Apple and Cancel?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:22:41 pm »
Can you not ring Apple and Cancel?

I don't think so mate.  Mine is in transit now and they invoiced me last night.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:26:24 pm »
Just feed them a bit of a line saying your going away at short notice with work etc and won't be around to collect it.

Im sure they can stop it as it hasn't arrived in the UK yet (or is in a sorting Depot somewhere) so they would prob just divert it to a Apple Store.

Or get both and sell the second one on eBay for £1100. I've seen them go for around that :stupid:

Worth a try?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 12:46:03 pm »
Just spoken to Apple Store.  They advise best course of action is to go and buy the second one and then return the first one for refund when it arrives.

They have a 30 day no quibble policy and the courier collection is at their expense.

One possible issue is I don't yet have my Micro Sim from Vodafone so I'll have to go instore and see if they'll give me one.
Stu...

Ifti

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 12:48:39 pm »
Ive just ordered a 32GB iPhone 4.
I could try to cancel my order though.

If I purchased yours instead, would I still have the warranty etc in my name, considering if will have your billing details on the invoice?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 12:48:47 pm »
Told you it was worth a shot :pomppomp:

Oh and you could chop your sim down to fit  :wink:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 01:19:58 pm »
Yeah I'm gonna go to Southampton this afternoon and pick it up I think.
Stu...

Ifti

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 03:21:31 pm »
So are you selling or returning?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 05:42:59 pm »
I think people have misunderstood my intentions here.

Initially I was offering the ability to purchase (from Apple) the iPhone I had reserved at the store as I already had one paid for and in transit. 

Sorry to have caused any confusion, especially to the extremely deluded person who PM'd me and said they take it off my hands if it was under £500.  I think I'd be selling them all day if I was selling £600 handsets for under £500!!

I've now collected the handset from the store and have been using it  :notworthy:

I've not decided what to do with the second one yet.  I was going to send it straight back but Carl suggested eBay as did the guy in the Apple Store however I think her indoors has taken a shine to it as well.
Stu...

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 06:01:00 pm »
Do I get a cut from any eBay profits  :laugh:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 07:27:58 pm »
Sadly no.

I am very impressed with it though, a big step up from the 3G I have been using.

Just need to decide on my free case/bumper now.
Stu...

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 07:31:56 pm »
If you can hang on you can have my Free bumper once the Element Vapour Case comes through :party: :party: