Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS 510 1300 Firmware  (Read 20104 times)

Offline micaerin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: RNS 510 1300 Firmware
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:30 pm »
Just download 2720 or 2760 with the Battery fix :happy2:
is this the josi version ?

and is it ok to put on a ver B :smiley:

2007 GTI DSG, Xenon's, Armrest 6 Disc ,Rear Parking Sensors,Sunroof,Lux Pack,Cruise,Electric drivers seat,MFSW,RNS 510,Miltek Cat Back.

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:52 pm »
Yes and yes :happy2:

Offline Norbreck21a

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:41 am »
Just thought I would quickly post an update for the 1300 firmware.

As I had the misfortune to recently break a bone in my foot, I was off the road for a couple of weeks. A good time to test the battery drain capabilities of the RNS. Well I pleased to report that after not being started for just over 2 weeks, the car sprang to life on the first turn of the key.

So I guess (that at least for me), 1300 does not give me any battery drain problems.

sciroccosig by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:12 pm »
Sorry to drag this back up, but I have only just got round to doing the 1300 upgrade as I have problems with burning media that the RNS would accept.  And I thought I would finish off the 1300 topic with some info on the Skoda UHV BT module.

I was previously on 1100 and had reasonable operation of everything on the RNS but a wish to use V7 maps with full postcode has forced me to update, I eventually want to change the canbus but not yet.

First impressions of 1300 is a definite improvement in unit response noticeably faster in every operation including startup, unit also now displays speed limit for current road.  Both are very worthwhile and I havent tried SDHC cards yet but that will be a major improvement to be able to quickly manage the music and extend capacity if needed.

Bluetooth - I have the Skoda 729B unit and previously had full operation with my HTC HD2 giving me 6 favorites on the phone screen, access to my phone book but only with access to my dialled number list, and no ability to voice call.

After update to 1300 I now have no favorites on the phone screen this area is blank, I have no access to the phone book yet I know have full access to the dialled missed and received call numbers including names and type of contact (home mobile office) and it will now give me access to voice dialling but the voice dialling still doesnt recognise my address book.  The interesting thing is once you dial a number the name from the phone becomes associated with the number I have manually inputted!!!  :confused:

All in all the update has been positive, I now just need to give it some time to check battery drain and SDHC.  I will have to do some research into the bluetooth module but I believe its a known issue with the newer firmware versions.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline chocice

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 08:39:05 pm »
I only just installed this today as my battery was being drained ( I believe anyway) by 2760 firmware as it was getting hard to start, the unit seems the same as before but one thing I noticed was when it goes in reverse a black screen comes up as if it would show a reverse camera feed for example is there anyway of stopping this happening? as I dont have a reverse camera!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:56 pm »
The RNS will need Recoding with VCDS to tell it no camera is connected. Whoever had it before must have had RVC as the units retain the coding when removed normally.

m3iss3li

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 04:17:52 pm »
Hi! Upping this one. Great thread with great answers! Just downloading the 1300 fw for my rev. C RNS-510. I just came up with a problem that my screen is becoming black just after start. When you reboot it it's ok for 30sec and black again. After driving around for like 15-20mins and reboot the screen works fine without going black no more.

Trying to fix this issue with the 1300 fw, not sure which one I have installed atm (think 1020 or something?).

Again, thanks for the great thread!

EDIT: Umh, 2100km to work  :grin: :grin: :grin: "German bug" appeared
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:49:38 pm by m3iss3li »